Thread: Need a driver update from Asus to fix the 5.1 stereo upmix issue in Asus Xonar D2

Need a driver update from Asus to fix the 5.1 stereo upmix issue in Asus Xonar D2

Hey guys I am posting a problem over here and I hope that this problem would be resolved by you all. So here goes my problem. I have this card called as Asus Xonar D2 from quite sometime and whenever I used to play games such as WOW and battlefield 2 then I used to experience a sorta metallic echo sound in my 5.1 when I play the game. I did not understand why is it giving me such kind of problems, so that’s when I thought there must be some problem with the game itself. May be some kind of bug it should be fixed up In the patch and some time later when I got this new battlefield 3 even at that time I also experienced the same sound while I was playing the game. So that’s when I concluded that the problem is not wit the game it is with the driver update. So I decided to visit some forums and ask questions exactly what is causing the problem. I even paid a visit to the asus forums thinking to get some answers from there but even that did not help me much. One day one of my friend told me that it is because of the drivers. He also told me that UNi Xonar driver will fix up the issue. I was initially a bit scared to try that because UNi Xonar driver was made for the DX model and i have D2 model still I thought of going ahead and giving a try and installed UNI Xonar driver for my audio card. you will not believe that fixed up the issue but it has caused me problem from somewhere else. Now games like WOW and BF3 are crashing randomly because of the drivers. I can understand it is due to the in compatibility factor so I am just wondering when is asus going to release some update for the Xonar D2 audio card users such that their issue gets fixed up. That’s what I want to know from you all.

What do you all have to say about this particular problem. Please reply something on the same, I am waiting for the response.

Re: Need a driver update from Asus to fix the 5.1 stereo upmix issue in Asus Xonar D2

There isn’t any as such. I think its better if you drop a mail to the Asus support team about the same and ask them as if when it will be getting solved. I feel sad that a game such as BF3 and WOW who have such a great multichannel support are playing in such a manner for you. Unless and until there isn’t any crash issue with the Uni Xonar drivers then I would have asked you to continue with that only and nothing else. Even I am using the same drivers for my Xonar DG 5.1 and I didn’t face any such problems.

angry Re: Need a driver update from Asus to fix the 5.1 stereo upmix issue in Asus Xonar D2

So that’s what the issue is with the Asus team I don’t think so they are having any resources or man power to tackle such issues. At the end we as a customer are at losses. I have paid so much for that audio card and also the speakers to get incredible sound while playing the game and at the end of the day what am I doing? I am playing a game in the stereo sound how bad of me. I have tried mailing the Asus support team about the problem and asking them to solve it as soon as possible but I haven’t got any response from them on this issue. This shows how dedicated they are to solve such kind of problems. So that’s why after some time of thinking on this I have decided to switch from Asus to EVGA thinking that they would have better products then the Asus and a better support as well.