Thread: Corsair Force Series 3 SSD Drive Randomly not recognized by ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

Corsair Force Series 3 SSD Drive Randomly not recognized by ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

here is the deal I have the pc that has the Samsung Harddrive (1TB) which is just for the backups and Corsair Force Series 3 SSD Drive which has the OS in it , every thing was working just fine until recently the computer was not booting , then I checked ( I happen to be a technician ) and found that the primary booting drive was the Samsung so I again changed it to the Corsair Force and that make everything work fine , but no I have to do this random basis as few times the system wont boot at all then I have to adjust it again. But just a hour before the system was hanged and it is not recognizing the Corsair SSD anymore, so I powered off the pc and again the sdd was working but I am afraid that this will not be permanent , so is there anyone here tell me what will be wrong with the system . is it the motherboard or is it the SSD that is causing the problem , can anyone here help me on this as I have looked everywhere but not able to find any solution to issue , I will be really appreciate any help .

thanks in advance

Re: Corsair Force Series 3 SSD Drive Randomly not recognized by ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

I had the same issue, but with a OCZ 60gb SSD. I was running my OS on the SSD using my 2 HD's for everything else. on 3-1-12 I began having BSOD's and Hard Hangs. found that the Motherboard was not recognizing my SSD and loaded windows onto one of the HD's. Still had BSOD's and noticed "after several days" that every 10mins or so my SSD would get "found" but then "get lost" a few minutes later. Everything would freeze when this happened and then BSOD. I have just started RMA for my drive. But once removed from my system I am running fine. I would suggest removing your SSD. If that works than RMA your drive.

Re: Corsair Force Series 3 SSD Drive Randomly not recognized by ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

I am having the same issue as well with my SDD . the firmware that I have is 2.11 and in Every one or the two days my system reboots randomly. And this actually happens most of the time when I just leave my system alone without using it for sometime When I go to it, I got this booting error. I see it reboots on wrong disk as well which don’t have the OS . I have 3 disks: SSD, DD, USB and windows is installed on the SSD.

Every time this happen it happens, I have to go to the bios there I s no SSD on the BIOS its as if the SYSTEM is not recognized. So then I have to turn it off and then restart , and when I come back to the bios, the SSD disk is currently recognized. currently I can put the disks back in the right booting order. after that windows 7 restart, however after this I every time has this issue with my USB devices (mouse and sometimes keyboard). I must turn off the PC and turn it back on to go back to normal.

Look like to me this is the firmware issue on the SSD with the motherboard . well because of this incase there any way you have recognized your SSD but you will be still be having the hanging issue and BSOD or may be the drive just plain vanishing inexplicably. I've experience them all so far. Of course, there are above a few up here who have the drive working extremely well in their setup.

Same here This new drive works well when doing general things on the computer however as soon as I attempt to play a game, my computer freezes/lags when loading maps and in game play it simply locks right up with the exhausting drive light-weight on full and also then returns once ten - twenty seconds and the game either crashes to windows or simply locks up utterly and needs a tough reboot to induce it operating once more. i do know its the SSD evidently because it doesn't freeze up after I use my alternative WD exhausting drive. I even have had nothing however issues with the Corsair Force three SSD since purchase and have seen several others with similar issues to me. i am extremely disappointed as I feel like I even have wasted my cash and time having them to figure while not fail. i am having the sensation that their Force three SSD's are faulty.

updated firmware still had problems. They swapped it for a performance line one, lasted concerning three months then it died. They sent me a refurbished performance drive, once having to rma the issue three times in concerning half-dozen months and wouldn't budge on that saying it absolutely was in their warranty to switch how they needed. I sold it for $50, and ended up extremely frustrated off concerning the complete ordeal. i'll not even think about them as an ssd vendor within the future. I grasp that ought to have done a lot of research! On reflection i feel i'll forget the Corsair RMA procedure and send it back to vender for a refund.. SSD appears to be rather in it's development infancy, therefore i'm wondering what to go for instead - i am tempted by the Crucial, dearer equivalent . a minimum of they guarantee the compatibility with my machine. Time to try to to the analysis I ought to have exhausted the primary place, I guess. Hindsight could be a wonderful issue. additional analysis appears to indicate that during this explicit case a minimum of, the issues could also be owing to an incompatibility with earlier VIA SATA drivers, however I've lost all confidence within the drive.

I had somewhat same downside with an OCZ vertex three, I ended up RMAing the drive. It's potential that a firmware fix can resolve the difficulty eventually (in reality firmware updates have already mounted the matter for lots of users, make certain you are up to date), personally I did not wish to attend.

If you would like to stay the drive I will solely recommend the subsequent which will or might not help:

1. make certain you are using AHCI mode for your drives
    2. Enable hot plugging for the SSD
    3. underneath power choices (Advanced settings) make certain the drive isn't powered down
    4. As previously stated, make certain the SSD is using the most recent firmware
    5. maybe check for any motherboard BIOS updates
    6. Check all physical connections within the pc (loose SATA/power cable perhaps)
    7. do not use sleep/hibernate with the drive

I at first had problems with the Force three in my laptop however have gotten it operating reliably currently. Was having bluescreens when waking from sleep (when using Microsoft storage drivers) and random thirty second pauses when using the Intel drivers. A registry fix got it operating reliably with the Intel drivers and haven't had any hustle since. i'll be making an attempt to come my Force three to Newegg for a refund, the actual fact that it absolutely was on sale and had a rebate simply days once I bought it's an enormous think about that call. With how well this has been handled i feel i'll obtain the Force GT when it becomes on the market instead and that i will be considering a lot of Corsair components in any future build. this specific issue has solely been seen with Corsair SSDs. OCZ's SSDs mustn't be affected the least bit. The gist of it primarily is that this controller is extremely very picky with the NAND and Corsair created a poor call concerning the supply of their NAND. i might assume that this was to chop prices, and that i extremely cannot blame Corsair for this blunder, each company tries to chop prices. we have a tendency to all grasp Corsair isn't precisely known for his or her poor QCing.