Thread: Suggest me best Mac os X for video editing

Suggest me best Mac os X for video editing

Hello friends, I am thinking to start my career with the video editing. Currently I am having the macbook but I found that this is very slow when I use the final cut pro with the long videos. Now, I started to think to get the iMac or Mac Pro but problem is that I am having very limited budget for this. Can someone over here suggest me the best specification that I should consider to get the good performance? I am intended to get the iMac only because this is cheaper as compared to others but I know nothing about its editing capabilities and so I need some suggestion from you people. If you have any good suggestion for me then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies.

re: Suggest me best Mac os X for video editing

As you told that you are going to make use of many of the videos then you must get something which is better than new consumer MacBook. I am telling you this because they are not having the FireWire and I can bet that you will require that at some point of time. The new MacBook Pros are having sole FW800 port and for this reason, you will be able to get the compatible adapters if it is required.

The first uniqueness is that prices have changed. There was a slight decline since the MacBook Pro now cost the same as before the increase of 21%. Moving to 15 inches, both are with quad core processors and comes with an Intel Core i7 2.2 GHz (2.0 GHz), a 500 GB hard drive and additional video card AMD Radeon 6750M with 512MB of VRAM (the first was mounting an AMD Radeon 6490M with 256MB of VRAM). The more expensive model from 15" uses a Intel Core i7 2.4 GHz (2.2GHz), 750 GB hard drive and AMD Radeon 6770M graphics chip with 1GB of VRAM (ATI Radeon 6750M with 1GB VRAM). The 17-inch costs more but the hardware is identical to the 15-inch model. The latest generation of Core processors from Intel is known by its code name "Sandy Bridge" and gave birth to a new MacBook Pro that is just entered the market. The calculation unit, the cache, the graphics and memory controller integrated into a single chip, the Core i5 and Core i7 processors have helped the new laptops from Apple to dramatically improve performance over the first series of Core i5 and Core i7 chips in mid-2010. Sandy Bridge processors integrate within them is called HD 3000 Graphics. The Sandy Bridge processors support Hyper Threading, which allow you to have 4 virtual cores in 13-inch model and those from 8 to 15 and 17 together with the Turbo Boost technology and that allows the processor to squeeze up only when needed. The family Sandy Bridge uses version 2.0 of Turbo Boost, which according to Apple is much more efficient as compared to the previous edition.

I would like to tell you that the new MacBook Pro comes with the two models as base 2.4Ghz model and the higher-end 2.53Ghz model which are having a few additional BTO options online. Like you are going to work on video editing then one thing that you must ensure is that anything you select must have good graphics setups. Both the models that I am talking about is having the NVIDIA 9400M chip and the 9600M GT card. They will be able to work with the Hybrid SLI. If you want to reduce the money then you can go for the base model but this will reduce the graphic memory to half.

If you wish to go for the desktop then it will be better for you to go for iMac or the Mac Pro. At the moment, all iMac models already equipped with a quad-core. This was unclear until now that whether Apple will continue to set at Ivy Bridge on a quad-core. Now Intel has published that they have already passed the first shipments of quad-core models on the manufacturers of desktop computers. If you consider getting the iMac then you are going to get four flavors but with the Mac Pro, you will just get one expensive model. With the Mac Pro, you are getting the guarantee for longer life. You will also get the ability for upgrading many of the components. This is something new that Macs cannot do. If you want it to be under the range $3000 then getting the high-end iMac will be useful for you.

My suggestion to you is not to waste money anywhere. Just save money until you can afford the Mac Pro and Final Cut Studio and that is with the 23" monitor. All these are going to cost you not more than the lens for an HD camera.You will get good video cards along with the Mac Pro and other than this; there is also the new class for effects and transition technology. This is utilized for the high speed capabilities used with video cards for real time (live) capability.

Because you are going to work at home then I think the iMac 27 with the I7 processor will be best option for you. But if you are going to work all day on the same, it will be better for you to get the Mac Pro that is having at least 6 cores and 32 GB of ECC RAM. This is really worth for the price. So don’t look for much option. This is the perfect option for you and you will never going to regret for your purchase. I can guarantee you for this. I am also using the same (not for video editing) but with all the other tasks, this is the best. Anyways, last decision is upto you. Get the one that suite you better and comes under your budget.

The only tiny change that you can see on the outside looking at a MacBook Pro in 2011 and comparing it with the 2010 model is the presence of a small arrow located next to the Mini DisplayPort connector. What was once a simple digital video output port Thunderbold now, the new communication technology that maintains its compatibility with monitors that use this connector, such as the Apple LED Cinema Display, but allows you to connect up to six devices different to exchange data with the new MacBook. A door Thunderbolt can reach speeds of 10 gigabits per second and is two times faster than USB 3.0 or 12 times more than one FireWire 800. Among the devices that support this technology point out hard drives, digital cameras and camcorders, and other network devices. Maintaining compatibility with existing technologies can be connected through adapters. This is more important to consider that in addition to transfer data Thunderbolt is able to power devices in this version of "electric" technology. Intel has maintained a good project based on fiber optics, even if it is not currently available, and the main difference between the use of copper (current version) and the optical fiber (the original project, which will come in the future) lies in the lack of independent power supply available in the "optical" technology.

Re: Suggest me best Mac os X for video editing

MacBook 13 ": The cheapest of the family with a 2.4 GHz Core i5, was 35% faster than the model with Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz 2010 and 4% compared to the beginning of 2011 with Core i5 2.3 Ghz. The biggest increase from mid-2010 model was felt in the conversion of music with iTunes, an improvement of 57%. As compared to the MacBook Pro early 2011 the most interesting results are represented by the Photoshop test results that are faster on the MacBook Pro earlier this year. According to Apple, the new MacBook Pro can adjust the processor speed to avoid running into thermal problems. This may have influenced the test of Photoshop. It 's also possible that the hard drives have influenced the results.

MacBook 15 ": This is 15-inch 2.2GHz Core i7 MacBook Pro is almost 12% faster than the 2.0 GHz model it replaces, but the graphics performance is the most important innovation. With the Radeon HD 6750M, the MacBook Proyou will get 160 frames per second against 68.6 last year.