Thread: Is it worth to get Corsair Hydro Series H60?

Is it worth to get Corsair Hydro Series H60?

I am thinking to get Corsair Hydro Series H60 but still I am wondering that if this is going to be worth to get this. I am having space for two fans on the top and on that I am thinking to place one fan and on other the Radiator/fan. The only thing that I am unsure is about the Corsair Hydro Series H60 and so wanted to have some good suggestion from the people over here. If people over here can provide me some suggestion or any recommendation for some other which can be a good alternative for the Corsair Hydro Series H60 then please let me know that. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this one.

Re: Is it worth to get Corsair Hydro Series H60?

Corsair Hydro Series H60 is also a decent one but if you want to have choices then you must take a look to Corsair Hydro Series H100. This is two times in the radiator size and having a few nice fans in push/pull. This will not make much noise and provide you better cooling. If you are having the two 120mm fans at the top then it will be possible for you to fit the radiator over there.

This is the best if you do not need more complicated in modular liquid cooling systems to invest in order to cool your processor. The Corsair Hydro Series H100 hydraulic cooler is a sealed with pre-filled closed system that will never be filled again. The pipes are made of FEP with less evaporation and that will ensure a long life. Even the thermal paste is already applied and this is the reason that the cooler is in use in minutes. The H100 has a thin, lightweight cooling unit, consisting of a copper cooling plate with Micro Channel technology and a distributor with a split coolant flow. This fluid dynamics leads to a efficient processor cooling by means of lower noise level as compared to the most conventional processor fans. With a large 240mm radiator and two 120 mm fans provide the H100 processor cooler a better performance than previous models of the Corsair Hydro Series.

Specifications:
    • Radiator Size: 122mm x 275mm x 27mm
    • Material: Aluminum
    • Cooler-contact surface: Copper
    • Fan Dimension: 120mm x 120mm x 25mm
    • Fan Speed: 1300 RPM (Low Noise), 2000 RPM (Balanced), and 2500 RPM (High Performance)
    • Fan Airflow: 46-92 CFM
    • Fan dBA: 22-39
    • Fan Static Pressure: 1.6 - 7.7mm/H20
    • Socket Compatibility: AMD AM2, AMD AM3, Intel LGA 1155, Intel 1156, Intel LGA 1366, Intel LGA 2011, Intel LGA 775
    • Warranty: 5 years

Delivery:
    • Corsair Cooling CPU Cooler H100
    • Two 120 mm fans
    • Mounting kit for Intel LGA 2011, 1366, 1155, 1156, and 775, AMD AM2/AM3
    • Thermal compound applied
    • Instructions

For any system of upper-middle range is necessary to purchase a good heatsink to keep the processor at a temperature to prolong its life, not to mention overclocking enthusiasts, for whom winning a couple of degrees in temperature their equipment is a matter of life and death. To this effect, Corsair has created the Hydro Series H60, capable of cooling for any system of upper-middle range, including high-end systems, while maintaining decent levels of noise. The great advantage of liquid cooling system all in one with respect to conventional liquid cooling systems is that thanks to the materials and liquids used have zero maintenance, ie no need to change the coolant and corrosion. The system also has a half life of 50,000 hours (over 5 years) so that Corsair provides shoppers of this system nothing more and nothing less than a five year warranty. Besides the advantage of requiring no maintenance, when compared with the huge tower type coolers that abound in the refrigeration market today, we have the advantage that the H60 just takes up space, allowing installation of RAM with heatsinks as high as we allow the box, even with their own ventilation systems (such as Corsair Dominator or G.Skill Trident, for example).

To analyze this sink, we used the following hardware:

• Intel Core i5 2500K
    • ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3.
    • 4 x 2 GB G.Skill 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 Ripjaws.
    • Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 700W.
    • G.Skill 60Gb SSD Phoenix Pro.
    • 2x XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB Black Edition in CrossFire.
    • Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500 GB + 2x1TB in RAID1.
    • CM Storm Enforcer (2 200mm fans, one air before putting another up and out).

The temperature tests were carried out with the closed box with an ambient temperature of 29.6 ° C, although as shown in the graphs is the Delta temperature (ie, measured temperature minus ambient temperature), so that the data shown is the temperature increase in each other so that the ambient temperature do not influence the measurement. To measure the temperature of the cores has been used AIDA64 Extreme Edition datum is taken as the temperature of the core which heats more of the 4 having the processor.

You also have alternatives like SVG TECH's HOC20 & HOC40