Thread: Asus Xonar DS Microphone boost enabled turns down Mic volume levels

Asus Xonar DS Microphone boost enabled turns down Mic volume levels

I have a Asus Xonar DS audio card and to it I have connected a quality headphone which also has a microphone attached to it. It works fine in every condition and even with boost enabled. However when I start the game and talking with people, I can hear some sort of screeching/static sound. This will stop hearing when I disable the microphone boost but at the same time the mic levels are too quiet for other person and they won’t be able to hear from me. I have messed around with several setting but no solution. I am quite sure that I have installed the latest drivers. There is no more than that. What could be the problem?

Re: Asus Xonar DS Microphone boost enabled turns down Mic volume levels

First of all you have to check your Mic by yourself. To do this, Open Windows Sound Recorder and record your voice. Save it and play it back. There see whether still you are hearing the screeching sound or not. I think that your microphone damaged. This is the only way to check the microphone and its jack. Also try to connect Xonar DS to front panel. Now connect the mic to front panel and see for the same noise again. If still the same noise, then assume that you are having problem with the microphone. Don’t worry about the sound card. There are many ways to isolate the cause of the issue but you need to choose one which suits the best for your condition and availability.

Re: Asus Xonar DS Microphone boost enabled turns down Mic volume levels

Reading on the internet I have seen more people having the same problem, but none of them solved. Some were even made to change the sound card, but did not solve anything. The common constant is that the Xonar is always in the pcie x1 slot above the video card, and as with the increasing workload of the video card noise gets worse, I fear that the problem lies there. Having only one pci-e x1 slot I cannot even move it somewhere else. Sometimes it is also possible that the card is defective. You have to do a general test to all channels of audio and make sure that everything is perfect., Also remove the plate and look closely if there is something broken, perhaps something went wrong and broke some transistor, which lets you mute the Mic. You have to have turned the LFE output on the panel but do not activate the subwoofer input, but it is complicated and you have seen this option.