Thread: Questions of assembling a computer

Questions of assembling a computer

So i'm assembling a computer for the first time. However i do know the basics but i have 4 questions about assembly. Here are the specs:

Frame: Cooler Master HAF 932 AMD Edition
    Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K
    Cooling: Antec KÜHLER H2O 920
    RAM: 2x Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3X2K2/8GX (total 16GB)
    Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD7950
    Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB SATAIII 64MB
    Optical drive: Asus BW-12B1ST Blu-ray 12X Black Sata
    Power supply: Antec HCG-750 High Current Gamer 750W

Question 1: What connectors does the cooling system need cuz it's gotta get power from somewhere, right?

Question 2: What connectors does the frame need; cuz i saw some cables in a picture of it and there is USB and audio ports up front so they need to connect to somewhere.

Question 3: What does "Fans: 1x 140mm, 2x 230mm framefans" (in the description of the frame) mean i.e. does the frame have som kind of fans for ventilating it or what?

Question 4 (optional): Could someone please check if all of the specs above match out i.e. so that all of the parts are compatible with eachother?

Re: Questions of assembling a computer

Question 1: What connectors does the cooling system need cuz it's gotta get power from somewhere, right?

Ans : The connector is same as you find in your psu. You do not need to worry about any additional connector or cable for the system. The PSU is comes with the cpu case which is Cooler Master HAF 932 AMD Edition.

Question 2: What connectors does the frame need; cuz i saw some cables in a picture of it and there is USB and audio ports up front so they need to connect to somewhere.

Ans. They are connected on the motherboard. There is no need to buy or to get any extra cables. The cpu case is designed as per default configuration of motherboards in the market. You just need to fit those pin on the right part of board. Information can be found from motherboard manual

Question 3: What does "Fans: 1x 140mm, 2x 230mm framefans" (in the description of the frame) mean i.e. does the frame have some kind of fans for ventilating it or what?

Ans. Yes there can be fans and there can be only space where you can fix fan of mentioned size. You can check in specs. If it shows this under Fans category then the frame will come with those fan.

Question 4 (optional): Could someone please check if all of the specs above match out i.e. so that all of the parts are compatible with eachother?

Ans. It is good spec. It simple it is a high end system. Before buying I will advice you to read specification of motherboard, gpu, and cpu. So that you do not face any compatibility issue in future.

blush Re: Questions of assembling a computer

Quote Originally Posted by raghini View Post

Ans : The connector is same as you find in your psu. You do not need to worry about any additional connector or cable for the system. The PSU is comes with the cpu case which is Cooler Master HAF 932 AMD Edition.

Ans. They are connected on the motherboard. There is no need to buy or to get any extra cables. The cpu case is designed as per default configuration of motherboards in the market. You just need to fit those pin on the right part of board. Information can be found from motherboard manual

Question 3: What does "Fans: 1x 140mm, 2x 230mm framefans" (in the description of the frame) mean i.e. does the frame have some kind of fans for ventilating it or what?

Ans. Yes there can be fans and there can be only space where you can fix fan of mentioned size. You can check in specs. If it shows this under Fans category then the frame will come with those fan.

Ans. It is good spec. It simple it is a high end system. Before buying I will advice you to read specification of motherboard, gpu, and cpu. So that you do not face any compatibility issue in future.
    No i ment like what ports do they need (sry i'm not very good at english ) in questions 1 & 2; like SATA ports or PCIe ports and so on.