Thread: Problem with cabinet power on switch

unsure Problem with cabinet power on switch

I’m having a problem with the power on switch of my CPU cabinet. When I’m trying to switch on my computer I need to press it several times or need to press it and hold it for at least 10-15 second. Some time it’s taking more time to get switch on.
    There is a power on switch in my motherboard. I tried that and it’s working absolutely fine …with just a little touch my system is getting switch on. So I think there is no problem with motherboard.
    Any idea what’s the actual issue?

Re: Problem with cabinet power on switch

Yes it can be. The power chip has small pin which is connected on the motherboard. If you have the manual of your motherboard you can find those pin settings. If you can open your case you can look on small black pins connected on the motherboard and power is written on the same. You can try fixing the power button on cpu case by opening the front part and checking the wire behind it. If that is weak yon re-solder it.

Quote Originally Posted by Munishi3 View Post
    Yes it can be. The power chip has small pin which is connected on the motherboard. If you have the manual of your motherboard you can find those pin settings. If you can open your case you can look on small black pins connected on the motherboard and power is written on the same. You can try fixing the power button on cpu case by opening the front part and checking the wire behind it. If that is weak yon re-solder it.
    Yes I can spot the pin configuration on my motherboard. But not sure what you want me to do here. The power cable (from the cabinet power switch) is properly connected with the motherboard pin (I checked it is as per the manual).
    Not getting one thing, why I’ve to press and hold the power on button for 15-20 seconds. Is it anything to do with the motherboard battery?

Yes I can spot the pin configuration on my motherboard. But not sure what you want me to do here. The power cable (from the cabinet power switch) is properly connected with the motherboard pin (I checked it is as per the manual).
    Not getting one thing, why I’ve to press and hold the power on button for 15-20 seconds. Is it anything to do with the motherboard battery?
    I think that he is telling you to check out the cabinet power switch and not its connection with the motherboard pin on the other side, I have just gone through the conversation here and i think that there is something wrong with your cabinet power switch itself.As it has been already suggested you will have to take out the cpu case and inspect the cabinet power switch, there are possibilities it might be having a loose connection at its side.

thanks...I'll check the switch if there is any loose connection. I have to figure it out how to open the case....the front part of the case is very complicated having LCD display, LED lights fans etc...