Thread: Need suggestion in Military Standard rugged Android Tablets

Need suggestion in Military Standard rugged Android Tablets

Hi guys

There is something on which I need your help on , actually I was looking for the table which should be android based as our agency was looking to deploy these tablet in to the field . the main thing that is required in the tablet was it required to be rugged and be able to take a fair amount of work . thus we were searching for the MIL STD android tablets. Well not to mention that I have looked it everywhere on the web and I was not able to find out any such device . my friend then suggested the Motorola has one , but when enquired to the support , they have no knowledge on this subject. Can anyone from here knows or suggest any such king of table out there I will be really appreciate this .

Thanks

Re: Need suggestion in Military Standard rugged Android Tablets

Well I suggest you get the Trimble Yuma tablet Specifications:
    • Intel Atom 1.6 GHz
    • 32 GB solid state drive
    • WiFi b / g
    • Integrated Bluetooth 2.0
    • Integrated GPS
    • 2 built-in cameras that allow geotagging
    • ExpressCard slot
    • SDIO slot
    • Rugged
    • 7 inch touch screen readability in direct sunlight
    • Light weight (2.6 kg with standard battery)

The Trimble Yuma rugged design of the storage unit incorporates a solid state, eliminating moving parts and protects against stress from bumps and vibrations. In addition, MIL-STD-810F allow Trimble Yuma ensure that can operate at extremely low or high temperatures, and all that may exist between them, even accidentally falling through the back door of his truck.

Durabook 7MT, fully rugged Tablet PC best choice .The Durabook is a product 7MT ergonomic, light and full of versatile features. The 7MT has passed the U.S. military standard 810G for drops and vibration and is designed to meet IP54 standards for dust and water proof. The tablet can 7MT optimum performance in difficult conditions and is designed to meet the most demanding technology requirements of vertical industries and applications.
    • Drop resistance: MIL STD810G-516.6 Procedure IV 26 drops from 48 centimeters (4 feet).
    • Vibration: MIL-STD810G 516.6 Procedure I, Cat.24, Fig, 514.6E-1 and 514.6-2. ASTM 4169-99 Transport Guarantee Level II, Annex E.
    • Water Resistance: MIL-STD810G 516.5 Procedure I and IEC 60529 IPX4 compatible.

• Dust proof: IEC 60529 Standard IP5X
    • Storage Temperature: -55 º C - 75 º C
    • Operating temperature: -20 º C - 60 º C
    • Humidity: Operating 5% -95%

Yeah I agree with that The Durabook 7MT uses the most advanced resistive touch technology to provide mobile users the flexibility and convenience for your specific application. The touch screen and Durabook resistance 7MT have ability to operate with gloves on the hands. You also have the latest technology to read out the sunlight; Durabook incorporates polarized LCD glass, anti-reflection technology and a better brightness LED backlight to achieve a better read in the light of the sun. Its sensor detects ambient light environments and automatically adjusts LCD brightness for easy visibility of the LCD with battery efficiency. Its function digitizer offers the ability to take handwritten notes, make sketches or sign specific documents directly on the screen.

The chassis is constructed 7MT magnesium alloy that is 20 times stronger than ABS plastic. The LCD assembly absorbs shock and sudden impact. Silicone rubber filler is added in the 4 corners for added protection.

I like to suggest the Panasonic CF-H1 Field The Toughbook CF-H1 is a unique tool. Unique in its ability to transform the way mobile professionals work - Whenever and wherever That might be. Designed to perform in the most or challenging environments, it connects fieldworkers with the critical data, applications and digital tools They need to be more effective and more productive than ever before. CF-H1 is also designed to allow easy sterilization, reducing the risk of transmitting infections. This model is the first MCA without fan (a feature that reduces the chance that germs are transmitted from the device), and has smooth surfaces and edges sealed with keys, the LCD screen without recess and protected ports. Panasonic has an outer housing made of a special material that can withstand frequent cleaning with disinfectants to the alcohol. To further facilitate sterilization, Panasonic has designed a software function that can be programmed to remind you to clean the unit at set intervals and automatically records the cleaning took place to store documents in the hospital.

Hi Sanaka,
    I'm working in marketing of Logic Instrument. We're specialized in rugged industrial and military mobile computing. To suggest some units that fulfill your needs I would need more information. f.e. the screen size or which methods of the MIL-STD810G must be fulfilled. As windows based unit with a 7 inch screen I would suggest you our Logic Instrument Fieldbook A-series .

For rugged Android devices please send a PM.
    Daniel