Thread: Suggestion for some silent fans

Suggestion for some silent fans

Hello friends, I am searching for some silent fans that is with the blue leds for my rad. I was searching for the same on web and it shows me a lot of results and so I got confused that which one to prefer. Therefore I am posting the thread over here to have some suggestion from you people. It is very important for me to have the fans which do not make much noise. I feel very annoying when fan makes noise. If you have some good suggestion for me then please post that over here and also post with the specification of that. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this thread.

Re: Suggestion for some silent fans

My suggestion to you is to get the Review Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-13 and AP-14. According to me, they are the best in terms of performance. Gentle Typhoon specify that are not of direct production of Scythe, but are produced for industrial purposes by Nidec , specifically from the industry "Servo Corporation" specializing in the design of engines utilizing direct current (DC) for their operation, then be packaged and for Scythe by making the resale of such products on the international market of reference. The Gentle Typhoon fans are innovative in their field and have composed of sophisticated engine, it is called a "simple" Ball bearings, using optimization solutions within it. This is quite remarkable from a technical. This is having vibration and noise reduction technology. These all integrated within the engine and then the PCB on which is hosted the control electronics.

You can also consider getting the Noctua NF-F12 PWM. The Austria-based company is known for exquisitely processed cooler with a ratio of power and volume, from which many other manufacturers can only dream of. This is having the “Focused-Flow System”.

The system works with what Noctua denotes that is so-called "stator". This is especially beneficial in radiators, because they benefit from high, static pressure and achieve at this level until the highest performance. It is also having Vort ex-Control Notches, these blades are the struts that hold the actual radiator in the frame. The fact that they are bent (in the range of 31-37°), and with so-called "Vortex-Control Notches," provided that they should spread the volume of the fan over a wider frequency range. This should sound the human ear supposedly enjoyable. The fan comes in an elegant, great packaging, which is dominated by brown and white elements. On the front, there is a stylized cutout of a fan and a description of the features can be found over there. We can already see the first feature: There is a front flap which is attached by Velcro and grants for opening a view of the package. This is again graphically illustrated in the upper half. In addition, there is a shaded drawing and paintings with an explanation of the main feature (focused-flow system). On the back then a description of the fan is to be found, which should be read in eight languages. In addition, there are the most important technical data such as speed or volume. Also on the back flap is again a finding that reveals yet more information.

If you open the package then on top of a plastic enclosure can be pulled out, in which everything is packed. Well packed and ordered all of the important things are to be found. In addition to the NF-F12 fans, it also includes four anti-vibration mounts and screws. In addition, there are still three cables, one 4-pin extension cable with a length of 30 cm, a PWM Y-cable, which can be connected to two fans and a Low-Noise Adapter (LNA). This throttles the voltage and leads to less volume at the expense of performance.

Summarized here again:
    • NF F12-PWM fan
    • Four anti-vibration mounts
    • Five screws for fixing the housing / radiator
    • 30 cm extension cable
    • Y-PWM cable
    • LNA cable

At first glance, the set of her look and feel noble and excellent features. The packaging speaks for itself and the delivery is impressive.

I am using the Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 and that is giving me the best performance. Nidec's business is focused in the professional world, not being the domestic market for PCs of interest. We can say therefore that Nidec has no interest in distributing their product outside their usual channels. The reasons may be diverse but the most logical thing for them is not economically profitable to enter a market as a minority in terms of sales. The new production line at Nissan has three fans are characterized by high engine speeds of 3000, 4250 and 5400rpm. This is very interesting, the flow rates are declared that it depart from a minimum of 83CFM up to a maximum of 150.1 CFM of 5400rpm. This is passing through the fan 116.5CFM credited with 4250RPM and this results the side of acoustic emissions in values respectively 36.5 , 44.0 and 50.5dB (A). All new GT maintain the standard dimensions of 120x120x25mm reporting on the surface of ventilating, this is an interesting solution of technical NIDEC.

Aerocool X-static is also not going to be a bad choice.
    • Dimensions (WxDxH) : 80 x 80 x 25 mm
    • Ratazioni per minute : 2000 RPM
    • Colour of product : Black
    • Airflow : 22.9 CFM

Unlike brands like Noctua Noiseblocker or spend huge amounts of money in advertising and so popularize their products, or Scythe Nidec as a distributor or a manufacturer have been concerned especially in the advertising of the Gentle Typhoon: his fame is given by hundreds of users that have recognized the GT Nidec fans as the best market. In this scene include the work of leading gurus in the world of RL, and Martin, XtremeSystems. Martin posted an extensive and carefully macrocomparativa fans in XtremeSystems forums where I am giving the Nidec Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm the title of king of the balance between performance / sound / quality. Good static pressure is achieved primarily by two factors. One is the propeller design: the more closed and wider than the blades, will best figures of Pa. The second factor, and more importantly, is the engine. Manufacture a very wide fan blades and glued is very easy, but hold the engine back pressure produced without the shaft is unbalanced and the subdued performance penalty is another matter, and this is where the GT shows that are manufactured by Nidec , an engine build quality and technological development several steps ahead of the competition.