Thread: firmware update 1.42 is now available for Logitech G940

firmware update 1.42 is now available for Logitech G940

So at last I got the confirmed news that the Logitech G940 firmware version 1.42 is available. I was in search of this firmware from past few month but never able to make out whether its really available anywhere or not. Searched on net but never found it, maybe I failed to hit the exact keywords required for this firmware to come up on internet search. But anyways now I am done with my entire search and up with this firmware update. If anyone of you who is in search of the same firmware can probably get it from HERE. Just click on the link and get the desired 1.42 firmware for G940.

Anyways regarding the pros and cons of this firmware I can say that this release is very much specified and targeted to improve the accuracy of the X/Y on the joystick. Another thing I would like to tell you is that if ever the firmware update hangs or freezes in-between what you need to do is to simply close and then reopen the update; this will help you to simply overcome the issue. Always remember that the G940's firmware is never fully written until and unless all the blocks of data are transmitted and then verified. If anyone of you has any doubts regarding this update, can surely have your comments over here freely.

Re: firmware update 1.42 is now available for Logitech G940

Hey I have something interesting to say, I never thought that update was bound to hang while installation instead I thought that this thing might happen in rare cases but it was quite shocking for me to face this hanging issue. I downloaded the firmware and then ran the installation program on my windows 7 system with 64 bit and as already warned by you the update locked up at certain point. I would like to let you know the point at which my update hanged during the installation so that you can at least let me know whether the freezing occurred at the obvious expected position or there is something special in my case:
    • Logitech G940 Firmware update tool
    • Waiting for device with UIDPID 46dc287 or HFU
    • Found 46dc287. Sending a Do_HFU command
    • Waiting for HFU
    • Found HFU
    • Erasing flash memory

After the installation hanged I simply followed your steps as suggested by you. I closed the windows and then ran it again, I was very much scared whether it will work or not but guess what? It worked. The process continued to write the 25 blocks of data to the flash memory. However later on I did a fast flight test in Aces High 2 and then found that all traces of previously experienced purposing was eliminated.

I ran this update onto my Windows 7 64 bit system and everything was find including the hanging issue but to be frank it doesn’t really felt like an issue for me as you already made us aware of this thing and along with that also you provided a way out for this freezing problem. I tested it with the DCS Black shark and then I noticed that the joystick was quicker and much faster with respect to the response also the trimming has been improved tremendously. While trimming the stick stays at the better position. I must say that Logitech has always been very much nice to their customer when it comes to the firmware updates. They always provide their users with a proper and working update and not like other brands do. I always had a better experience with the Logitech customer support as compared to any other company. Everyone knows that G940 bugs have occurred unfortunately but as expected the engineers are hardly working on it in order to fix it, whereas in other companies case they must have till now ignored the customers and went on for the future planning. On other axes I would surely like to see the reversal fixed.

Not sure about other people but I somehow managed to install the updates from Logitech’s official site. I tried installing it from my own mini laptop running windows 7 32bit so that I won’t have any issue with my main rig with windows 7 64bit. You know the update hardly took 5 to 10 seconds to get install. Few days ago they have turned my lights to red which is much cooler at the time my system was performing a drive cloning that was not successfully boot up, but now somehow my lights are returned to green again. Now I just wanted to know how exactly I can manage to control the lights again to red. I am very much happy to see such positive feedback from the customers and the users from which we can simply make out that they are truly very much satisfied with the update and also rarely anyone of them have faced any issue. I guess the update should be able to work without even able to start up the app in the machine or Admin. And regarding the hang or freeze issue I can only say that it’s a simple but weird windows problem that can pop up with the USB.

I bought a new G940. I must admit that I have been waiting from several years just to get a high quality, Hall Effect, FFB, split-throttle and controlled system but I was very much scared to commit just because of the issue that people have been facing with the smoothing issue. But I however went for it believing that Logitech would get it fixed it soon. I have a doubt; however I managed setting up the throttle as a zone axis in order to engage emergency power when I pushed through the detents but then settings up the Zone for the moment just to send the key commands. Noticed that it still gives me numeric outputs on the throttle axis which is obviously a positive thing but however the zone function does not seems to be working anymore. Please help me out, I am missing something or I am doing things wrongly?

I guess now I have got enough time to go for a trial as already did a lot from past one week I applied the firmware patch. I fly in the WW1 Dogfight arena of Aces High II and let me tell you that before getting this patch I was "Fokker fodder" and I was unable to hold my own against the DR1 aces. However after getting the patch the best thing I noticed was the radical improvement in my performance and therefore now I can plan up very much smoothly and accurately, also I can turn more tightly without stalling and then maintain the energy more effectively. Other than this the only drawback I have found is with the rudder control being jerk.

I only fly IL2 and this was my first upgrade as I bought G940 recently after the firmware update was released. So therefore after buying this product I decided to make this update as the first one for it but I think it was a huge mistake committed by me, the decision was horrible. Noticed the behavior change and therefore my point of view also changed along side. No matter what kind of settings I use the centering force has become constant from center to full deflection. If you are not aware of the original firmware then let me tell you that the original firmware always uses to grow incrementally. It always smoothly growing with the stick deflection being close to zero at the center. I thing the tight center is surely not going to be proved worthy for me so therefore its better I go with the older firmware. Is there anyone who knows how to get back to the older firmware eliminating the existing one?