Thread: Logitech G27 wheel unable to stay in alignment

Logitech G27 wheel unable to stay in alignment

Seems like the wheel is not being at one place, I mean it’s not staying in alignment. Whenever the wheel first powers up noticed that it goes through little spin diagnostic and then rest is fine. The time when I used it I noticed that I am supposed to keep the wheel turned to the left side in order to keep the car moving straight. In short turns never executed properly, more the number of turns the worst is the condition. At last realize that I couldn’t make a left turn just because the wheel was supposed to be all the way toward the left side just to keep the car moving in the straight direction. Tried this thing will the the possibilities including centering spring tension but nothing seems to be working and preventing it from losing the alignment. The way only way out I have found is to unplug the wheel and then replug it, this thing somehow reset it but even this trick doest stays for a longer time. After driving for more few minutes the issue recreates. The worst problem is that I can’t even return the product as I have crossed the 30 day return limit period. Now the only thing that I could expect is the way to fix the issue and nothing else. I don’t want to make myself feel that I wasted my money on this product, so therefore its better if I come up with a fix for this issue, is there anyone who can help me out with this problem that I am facing. Let me tell you that the wheel is completely new and till now I have used its just 3 to 4 times.

Re: Logitech G27 wheel unable to stay in alignment

I am extremely sorry my friend I cannot help you with this problem as even I am facing it the exact same way you are going through. We can only expect Logitech to let us know how exactly we can get the wheel centered again. Definitely we are not the only two people facing this problem, there might be many other users who want to certainly avoid damaging their product and also do not want to waste the amount they invested for this device. However I didn’t keep quite from the time I am having this trouble, recently called up the customer support center, one of the guy told me to download WingMan software, this software is said to be correct the related issue. I was also provided with the download link for this software. When researched about this software I found that it really solves the alignment issue but unfortunately the link they provided didn’t work at all. I guess the download is not available anymore especially for the windows 7 users, and unluckily I am one of the windows 7 user. Its really very much annoying to play games like GRID, DiRT and other racing games like RACE, RACE 07, GTR Evolution, STCC or Race On on Simbin with having such beautiful wheel but not centered, I was hardly able to play the game and ultimately forced to quit the game instantly. Its better if more and more user come up with the issue if they are facing, so that at least Logitech could know that the issue is not at all a minor one.

I am not sure but it could be certainly a faulty or defective USB port. But I myself do not think so as my system’s motherboard is as old as the wheel i.e. not even one month. Also some people say that the problem could be due to gaming compatibility but according to me all the games that are played and also those games that are mentioned above are practically being able to recognize Logitech MOMO, Logitech G25 then why those games are not being properly played with G27. The wheel literally starts almost centered but at the time of the game play when the force feedback mechanism tried to submit to some different scenario like turns, up and down, it automatically starts to move away from the desired position i.e. the center position. This thing definitely gives us the bad feeling and therefore we end up stopping the game and disconnecting the wheel. After disconnecting I put back the wheel and make sure that the wheel has returned to the center position. Also tried out playing some sim games but even in that game the case remained the same with no difference. At least there would be someone who has got the fix for this problem.

I am sure that this is nothing but the hardware issue and no where related to the software. So it’s better Logitech manufacturers and designers start looking into the G27 hardware much properly instead of concerning about the software. I also did lot of search on net regarding this issue and found that if you are very much fortunate then surely you might end up having a good working wheel or else you could get into some mess, I mean you will probably notice this issue within the first few days of your purchase. You won’t believe one of my friends also faced the exact same issue, he replaced the wheel for the first time getting the second wheel which in turn showed the same behavior then he again replaced the wheel and then again got into the same problem. Then he made the last replacement and fortunately this time he ended up with a proper working wheel and now his replaced wheel is till now working fine without showing any symptoms of that issue. Also another guy who faced this problem got it fixed by tightening something inside the wheel. This is a good solution but obviously no one would try to take risk by voiding the warranty by opening the hardware parts. Currently I am in a position to return the product. As this is the only and the best thing to be done, especially in G27 case.

Yeah the wheel seems to be losing the calibration. This is very strange, I never noticed this issue before but after reading out this thread when I tried checking the wheel direction and position while playing random racing games found that the wheel was not centered. I shouldn’t have read the thread because before this even if there was any issue with my wheel I never noticed it and kept on playing the games smoothly without any hesitation. But after reading out this thread and then checking out my wheel position I am unable to even concentrate on the game. I know it sounds bit funny but it’s the fact. Anyways with the issue I have also found the fix for this problem, as already mentioned above you just have to unplug the USB cable and then replug it back in, everything will be placed properly but the issue is that you need to do this after every couple of laps without fail. I have already tried DX Tweak and the clear calibration tool but no positive result until now.