Thread: "No cameras or sites have been defined" error appears while viewing footage with Logitech Alert

"No cameras or sites have been defined" error appears while viewing footage with Logitech Alert

Cameras are always working well and fine with the help of the commander software on my computer system and I have never faced any kind of issue while watch the recorded footage or images. To be precise my computer have never showed me any kind of error or problem which having access to the Logitech Alert system using the commander software. But on the other hand my portable devices like mobile phones always had some of the other kind of issue with it. Applications like Mobile viewer and iPhone applications have consistently ended up giving some error message. They actually use to work very well for one week but the next week I use to receive a 503 error then again next week they use to work fine and so on. Currently the status is that I get a error message stating “No cameras or sites have been defined. Please install your cameras using Logitech Alert Commander on your computer." From the time I started receiving this written error message, I have noticed that it never went off. The error message stayed the same for next one month without fail and without changing. I am really frustrated and tired of this issue. Please help me out, if anyone aware of this problem and error. I think I did a mistake switching to this system, earlier I was with older wilife system which was very much stable and proper.

Re: "No cameras or sites have been defined" error appears while viewing footage with Logitech Alert

I would only suggest you to please have a look into the following, do as written. First of all in the Alert Commander software go to settings over there you will have to get into Web and Security. Now you need to make sure that you have a correct email for the account. Now you can simply try to associate the verified account from the advance tab over the same page.

If possible just let me know whether you are getting the same problem with the web viewer. Anyways another thing you could probably do after you ensure that your account is properly set up is checking out your cameras. if you possibly find or discover a camera with one of the system in the past and then another system later on you surely you may have one or more than one online “site”. Just check it out and if you if the case is really so then make sure that you switch to the alternate other site.

Re: "No cameras or sites have been defined" error appears while viewing footage with Logitech Alert

Hey by looking out your issue it seems like we both share the same unwanted error. I too have a Alert system which I bought few months ago, now the case is that this system somehow works fine for about complete one day and then after that it gives me the error saying that it cannot connect to the system or else the remote tells me “no camera on line”. When checked into the system it says that it is on line but still it will not work. But then it however works for one or two hours and then again the case is the same, it won’t work. Till now I have tried setting the email Alert, then come to home in order to find that there have been several visitors but the thing is that it is not on line anymore even if it says it is on line. However I am about to pick up everything out in the driveway and the drive over it as many times as possible. Another thing is that I have several different account on lines as I already reinstalled it number of times on other computer system in order to make it works.

Experiencing the same issue from the time I did the software update. Did the entire possible thing, tried removing and then re-finding the missing cameras and therefore I am able to see the cameras from the Logitech commander software but the main issue is that I am unable to remotely view the cameras anymore. Tried out many things till now including the ones that is suggested in the above posts. Please is there anyone who can suggest me with a proper solution that could probably work for my case. I already told that the above suggestion didn’t work for me so please don’t try to suggest me with the same ones.

I am having this problem from last few weeks and let me tell you that I have also been using the camera from the same period of time without facing any external or internal issue but don’t know for what reason it suddenly stopped working and showed me a error message saying “no cameras are currently detected”. Tried to reset the commander first but that didn’t really make any difference after that as suggested I tried reinstalling the commander several times and also tried to do so on some other computer. I installed the software on my own printer and also on the same computer some days ago and then I was not really sure whether this thing mainly caused the problem for the commander or not. Later on one of my friends suggested me to open up the ports on the router named as UDP 1900 and TCP 1935, according to them they were the two primary ports that the Alert commander uses in order to communicate to and from the camera to the server.

And when I tried to follow up his suggestion I found that there were no router settings that were changed which used to therefore work without even modifying the ports. Ultimately I found that after I tried restarting the camera and then power plug it number of times and then recreating the zone I was able to see the camera remotely again without even doing any changes to the router.