Thread: Unable to detect cameras on Powerline diagnostic after installing Logitech Alert commander 3.1.100

Unable to detect cameras on Powerline diagnostic after installing Logitech Alert commander 3.1.100

recently I have installed the latest version of Command Software version 3.1.100. I let you know that there was not any issue while doing the installation. Even all the three cameras were updated without having any issue. I noticed that everything was working without having any issue apart from Powerline diagnostic. Whenever I was running the same I got an error message for every single camera were not detected. As I am running camera bandwidth diagnostic I was able to get strength indicator for the every single camera. Let me know if you are having the same problem. also tell me if you know anything to troubleshoot the issue of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours.

Re: Unable to detect cameras on Powerline diagnostic after installing Logitech Alert commander 3.1.100

First off all you should simply close and restart the software and see what results you are getting. it might worked for you. in case it does not work for you then you should try to reset the homeplug network by simply disconnecting from the network bridge adapter and cameras. I recommend that you should disconnect all the adapters and make sure that powerline network should be reset as well.
    If any of the above mentioned things not working then you might look into more complex matter. I mean you might be suffering from the IP address conflict. How it can happen I would explain you in below mentioned description. Once you competed with the update process and reboot your camera . the router which you are using might given a duplicate IP address to the camera of yours. or it could be possible that camera is looking for the old IP address and router which you has redistributed the IP address or reserved the same. in case rebooting the router does not seems to working then you will need to paperclip the camera and it would simply reset the same and set a new IP address request forcefully. If the above mentioned thing is the root cause of the problem then you should simply reserve an IP address for the router which you are using.

Re: Unable to detect cameras on Powerline diagnostic after installing Logitech Alert commander 3.1.100

Hey thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. I tried the solution which you have stated in your post and it worked for me only once. But unfortunately I am suffering from the same issue all the cameras are not detected. The stability of the connection has became worse ever before the update. When I done the powerline test it displayed 10 bars when it cameras were connected. I was not able to connect even after doing number of power cycling. I noticed that powerline update was same as that before the pre update. So I have concluded that issue was something associated with the update which I have installed caused connectivity issue. I was not having any issues with camera from past one year without having any issue.

I do agree with you that the issue has been associated with IP conflicts. Another point could be that IP address from your router to the DHCP server. You will be able to test the situation by simply disconnected your router and computer. for your information you should turn off the Wi-Fi in case you are using on the laptop and makes use of physical network port. After that simply connect your homeplaug bridge to the computer rather than that of the router. Once done you should reboot your computer and router. This particular thing would create network between computer and cameras. If your computer is able to view the cameras then the issue has been associated with how router is handling the devices after installing the update.

I know that type of router might vary person to person so it seems to difficult to say anything about the same. however I am suggesting that you should disconnect the router and simply reset the router table. As I have already stated that the entire thing is dependent on the router which you are using. You can try to resolve the issue by updating the firmware of the device and it could help you to resolve the DHCP bugs.

I am suspecting that the entire issue has been associated with the hardware particularly with the homeplug adapters. If you are having the another camera then you should use power supply in term of bridge or camera which is having any issue with optional power supply. Could be possible that homeplug adapter might be broken.
    I wanted to share useful tips which might be useful for you. outdoor power supply could be used as an substitute for the indoor powersupply. Outdoor well as indoor power supply can be used as bridge unit for the purpose of troubleshooting. I let you know that Bridge units do not provide power to the camera which you are using

well I am suspecting that the entire issue is associated with the software bug. So if I don’t think so removal of hardware would work in this particular situation. I think you will be able to fix the issue by simply reinstalling the software. You can perform below mentioned steps to do the same.
    • ensure that you closed Commander
    • go for Control Panel and click on Programs. Now you have to click on Program Features and simply browse to Logitech Alert Commander and click on the Remove. Wait till the entire process is completed.
    • After uninstalling the software.
    • You have to open My Computer and open C drive by double clicking on the same.
    • Now click on Organize from the left pane and look for Folder and Search Option. Here you have to click on the same.
    • After that click on View.
    • Now look for Show Hidden Files and Folders and click on that.
    • Finally click on Apply and Ok as well
    • You will get a folder which is called as Program Data and Open it.
    • Finally right click on Logitech and click on Delete.
    • Now you have to navigate to C:\ and launch Program Files.
    • Simply right click on Alert Commander and click on Delete from the right click Context menu.
    • Launch Recycle Bin and simply delete all the files from the folder.
    • Once completed with the above mentioned things you have to reboot the computer and see that there are no hidden files are left on the system of yours.
    • Now download the latest version of the commander software and install it.
    • After successful installation you should reboot your computer.