Thread: Windows 7 installation fails after upgrading to OCZ Vertex 3 SSD.

Windows 7 installation fails after upgrading to OCZ Vertex 3 SSD.

I am having the OCZ vertex 3 solid state drive and I was previously making use of windows xp but later thought to upgrade with windows 7 and I was not able to make an install of windows 7 setup. So the lone issue may be that as I upgraded with vertex 2 it may the possible thing, or is it issue with motherboard . I previously was working with vertex 2 and I had previously installed windows 7 . but that does not mean I change to vertex 2 again, if I am with vertex 3 which is good to use than the vertex 2. So are you guys with some solution or why is it that the vertex 2 supports windows 7 and it is not possible in the case of vertex 3 a higher version. Or is the case that the vertex 3 is not compatible with my motherboard or something.

Re: Windows 7 installation fails after upgrading to OCZ Vertex 3 SSD.

The first thing you need to see is whether some usb or external device is attached to your ssd. So if you are with lone ssd you wont be having any issues, and after checking this one you can then then check if your intel drivers are installing or not and if you are not with a latest bios, make sure that you update it along with if you are not with the AHCI mode enabled the issue can subsists , you need to just check for the AHCI mode as it tends to the major reason in failing the installation of windows 7. In addition just check for some test with the SSD from another OS . if it is working well there should not be any issues, and if that occurs your ssd is surely affecting the installation.

You need to follow these steps which will allow to help in the installation process.
    1) so initially, you need to disconnect all other drives except the one you use to install windows .
    2) perform a clean install of windows
    3) you need to updates install drivers (SSD management software)
    4) then make a connection of all drives (you are able to format/repartition old system partition comprising old 100MB partition if there is no data that you require).
    5) you then require to configure storage to store files on HDD (if SSD storage is not enough)

Windows 7 should be able to detect SSD and configure itself for best usage and for this you require to disable defragmentation etc and you are able to check for more in you SSD manufacturer software otherwise manual they provided you with.
    For the reason that SSDs are expensive, their present use is for placing the operating system. It has been said that although XP and Vista can be installed on SSDs, it is suggested to employ them for Windows7, which is the primary system to support Trim.

For desktops, an SSD with a 60GB capacity is generally enough. The user data can be moved to the HDD . and regarding the hardware installation, For a desktop, you will require a bracket if it is a 2.5 Solid SD which is most common today but, there are also 3.5 Solid SDs which will fit without adaptor brackets into the disk bays. You also require a cable to connect the SSD to the motherboard.
    Once you have all those bits, you are able to install the SSD in an accessible disk bay otherwise if none are available, and you can also make use of self-adhesive Velcro.

You first of all need to unplug all other drives and you need to back up your data, you need to then update the new installation. Then make an reconnection of old drives and do with them as you wish---repartition, etc.After you have installed Windows on the SSD, verify the alignment. You require to inspect settings for page file in addition to system Restore. You can try with eliminating the hibernation file if you don't make use of hibernation. And when you consider the hibernation that can be done through the OCZ SSD management software. I have some idea regarding the OCZ software, and it can be done through Windows own Diskpart command. Just make sure that you align it properly as it has come into view that making some changes in this step as due to its mis-aligned nature, you will have a noticeable reduction in performance and your installation may not work.

So according to me , I will suggest some means in which you are able to make an installation. So you can use the Paragon Migrate HDD to SSD application to perform the installation. Macrium Reflect has an extra component that will do the same with the additional characteristic that you are able to exclude filetypes so that you are able to "shrink" your partition size to make it fit on the SSD, but I don't believe you can buy it separately. And this has been tried and confirmed that many users a re making use fo this method as well it will transfer the OS to the SSD. And all after formatting it and aligning it correctly it will tend to work appropriately. It will as well let you exclude files to shrink the size if it is essential.

I suppose if you willing to transfer the Operating System from your current HDD to the SSD there are two ways in which you can do the same. There are two ways to transfer the operating system from your current HDD to the SSD:

So you need to first of all Prepare the SSD . You need to first have to initialize the SSD so that you are able to create the MBR. You can do that with Disk Management.
    Then you require to align the SSD and describe an active partition on it. You make use of an elevated Command Prompt with the following commands:
    Code:
    Diskpart
    List disk
    Select disk n (where n is the number that was given for your SSD in List disk)
    Clean
    Create partition primary align=1024
    Format fs=ntfs quick
    Active (assuming you want to install an OS)
    Exit
    you can make use of these commands to confirm that the alignment is correct.
    Diskpart
    List disk
    Select disk n
    List partition
    I have some settings to talk after the OS transfer.

Disk Defragmentation will not make any sense on an SSD. If you are using laptop, move to the Services and then navigate to Disk Defragmenter, and then you require to right click on it and move to the Properties. Here you need to set the service to Disabled.
    and in the case of desktop, you may desire to disable defrag in the Disk Defragmenter and simply for the SSD so that the remaining HDDs are able to still defragmented.

Hibernation File it is seen that many people don’t make use of Hibernation, and they make use of Sleep instead. But, the hiberfile takes valuable space on your SSD . To the same tune as the size as your RAM. To get free of it, you need to run the following command in elevated Command Prompt: powercfg –h off.
    In addition, you need to also consider a Superfetch as there are many “experts”who suggest to turn Superfetch off. But according to me , I don’t think its appropriate. As it comes in view that fetching a program or data from RAM is still a lot faster when we make a comparison with fetching it from a disk. and this to the ssd as well.