Thread: Getting "This site has no cameras online" message when setting up Logitech B700e camera

Getting "This site has no cameras online" message when setting up Logitech B700e camera

Hello friends, I was trying to setting up Logitech B700e camera then during that I was able to view it on my local network. But when I was trying to go Logitech Alert website and over there entering username and password then I was getting “This site has no cameras online” message, so that time only I have contact Logitech support and told about the problem then they have told me that it might be problem of antivirus or it can be problem due to router settings. I am using Verizon FIOS ISP and having Actiontec MI24WR wireless router/modem, so when I am calling Verizon then they are saying that it is not there problem it is problem of router so I have called them, when called Actiontec they would like to know which are ports I am using it, so for that information I have call Logitech support, but it was too much frustrating for me and was very much tried with it. So is there any have same settings and router and got the problem, then please do tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Getting "This site has no cameras online" message when setting up Logitech B700e camera

I would like to tell that plenty of time Logitech support team believe that it might be problem due to router which you will be using it and when you try to contact router company then they will surely ask for ports which are been used by camera and also they would like to know which IP address is been used by camera also. You will be able to get ports which are been used by camera but it will be hard to which IP address is been used. I would suggest you should try to diagnostics test then you will be getting a report which will be showing you Camera IP address, but you better confirm that IP address which you are getting is a valid or not. You can check your router's DHCP that is there any problem with IP address or not, more than that I am not able to tell anything then that.

Re: Getting "This site has no cameras online" message when setting up Logitech B700e camera

What you are trying to say it then I have done it all those things and then also it was not able to work, such that when I trying to tell Actiontec IP address and port number then they are saying that IP address which I am using it is not valid and also router's DHCP is not telling any problem with IP address of camera. There is nothing which is been working for me. I would like to tell you one thing that when I remove cable connecting Thinkpad to PoE switches and plug it to router then I am not able to get Commander video image, which means that I should have PoE switch and Thinkpad connected and if I try to connect router then it will be not working. What I should do now, really confusing and also frustrating with me.

I would suggest you to try one thing is that try to connect your camera on to some other computer, I mean to say that install your camera on one of friend which is having some other router and check that you are getting problem with that also. I do believe that will be working properly and it might be problem with some specific router only. I am having hoping that will sure sort work.

If you try to contact actiontec then they will be try to tell you to perform a port forwarding routine and which is one of the methods to find out IP Address of the Camera. It is not at all hard to find it out. To find it out just open the command prompt and type in arp –a, when you have entered then you will be able to find Mac address on the Camera where you plug the Ethernet Cable into. The command should show IP address which is been assigned to that Mac address. Once you are done with that then your Router/Modem, open the udp 1900 and tcp 1935, tcp 1936 ports and also on router Router/Modem, then disable the firewall for time been and even try antivirus software’s which is having windows firewall. The problem you appear to be running into is that the Camera is ready to work locally; it is not ready to head off outside to the internet world where you could see the Camera remotely. The Above several ports are answerable for fulfilling this particularly works. Attempt those and let us expertise it goes so we are able to look encourage and attempt to identify a determination. Additionally, is this Activity Tec Router/Modem that you have is it a combo or are they several offbeat gadgets similar to a router + Modem?

I would suggest that you better try out some other setup such that tries to connect computer with Ethernet cable to router and when you are doing it then I would like to tell that you better make sure that you have disabled wireless of your computer when you will be using Ethernet connection. Once you are done with then connect camera to PoE switch and connect PoE switch to router, I would suggesting that use 20' cable and do have the camera in same room. You can try out this method and check that how it is working for you. I would like to tell when you are doing port forwarding then you have to use computer's IP address reason for it is that once you add more cameras it will get very much complicated and it will be that camera is on some other IP if disconnect and again connect it. I would like to know which PoE switch you are using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pee-Paa View Post
    Hello friends, I was trying to setting up Logitech B700e camera then during that I was able to view it on my local network. But when I was trying to go Logitech Alert website and over there entering username and password then I was getting “This site has no cameras online” message, so that time only I have contact Logitech support and told about the problem then they have told me that it might be problem of antivirus or it can be problem due to router settings. I am using Verizon FIOS ISP and having Actiontec MI24WR wireless router/modem, so when I am calling Verizon then they are saying that it is not there problem it is problem of router so I have called them, when called Actiontec they would like to know which are ports I am using it, so for that information I have call Logitech support, but it was too much frustrating for me and was very much tried with it. So is there any have same settings and router and got the problem, then please do tell me about it. Thank you.
    I am very much sure that you might be having the ISP line plugged into a LAN port in the place of WAN port on router, so I would suggest that you plugged it to LAN port as all your devices fight over that IP, as you get ISP for router so better make it for IP.

I am happy to affirm that a Logitech tech support has resolved the problem. Toward the beginning of today we concentrated on the method I had joined the PoE switch. Logan told me to connect the picture clicker link to the #1 port of the TrendNet TPE-S44 PoE switch, a PoE port. That is where I had it from the beginning. He then told me to fitting the Ethernet link running from the router into the number 5 port on the PoE switch, a non-PoE port. He had me disengage the link from my Thinkpad to the PoE switch. So now there is but one Ethernet link running from port 5 on the PoE switch to the router and the picture camera.