Thread: OCZ 64bit drive information which fails to meet IDEMA

OCZ 64bit drive information which fails to meet IDEMA

I am interested in the OCZ technology products and find it to be more compatible and to make a good use of it , I required some information where al you guys can tell me something related to the 64Gbit drives that did not meet IDEMA specifications. It came to my notice that It has been stated that OCZ is notably the first to market with the technology which assertively reduces the costs of the consumer‐grade SSDs. So by considering this fact , I want some more information regarding it. In addition, I have one more question regarding the warranty for the replacement as I don’t have idea regarding it as will it be covered by the local distributor or would I require to go directly to OCZ should the requirement arise in upcoming days.

re: OCZ 64bit drive information which fails to meet IDEMA

Hello guys I have some information regarding this one due to this natural transition to next production NAND flash components, certain 2Xnm‐based SSD configurations might see a minor dissimilarity in the IDEMA(International Disk Drive andEquipment Materials Association) capacity, particularly lower density drives, due to the superior 64 Gbit die density of 2Xnm flash results. The reason behind this one is due to the requirement to reserve additional space for the drives’ complicated presentation along with dependability characteristics which offer real world profits and are not offered by a lot of other producers. These features comprise RAID‐like data protection along with recovery in the event of flash block break down, in addition to advanced wearleveling so that you are able to enhance the SSD’s endurance as well as lifespan. Due to the employment of higher density chips, the amount of blocks held in reserve for this functionality doubled as we reserve a single plane of flash for extra redundancy.

Those clients who have already purchased a 64Gbit part along with wish to move to a 32 Gbit die based drive answer, it came to me that OCZ will tend to offer a program in which customers are able to trade in their drive along with receive the additional expensive 32 Gbit die‐based drives. OCZ will ship the substitute drive once the original drive is received.in addition , it has also came to me that, all 32Gb along with 64Gb based SSDs carry the similar warranty as earlier OCZ SSD products along with it is and in this matter OCZ offers best balance of presentation, reliability, along with capacity making sure an most favorable experience for customers across the complete range of applications.

They have introduced a software tool (toolbox 2.33) which will permit to tell if the drive has 32Gbit IC otherwise 64Gbit IC's . You have to make an installation of the drives you purchase as well as run the tool on them. If you got a drive with 1.28 I am most probably sure that its 25nm 64Gbit. If you select to NOT open/install the drive you bought then they have no means of telling you what Nand is on the drive. In addition I will also say that the replacement drives are 32Gbit IC. You will not misplace any capability to raise. You need to make a point of one thing that the 60 and 120GB drives are all built with 64GB along with 128GB of Nand, the matter is raise takes about 8GB of space on a 64Gbit IC drive where it obtains 4GB on a 32Gb IC drive. The lone reason regarding this one is that the drives format with what appears like 4GB less capability. RAISE is fraction of the OP along with Duraclass. the drives still make use of it, it is NOT lost or else missing. It just does not format for you all to make use of.

So as this topic relates to me, I need to say that you need to make some looks through the toolbox version which supports checking the die size of your SSD. And for this, you need to open the Toolbox as well as run as administrator and then make an selection of the drive, move to details, then click the die size button. All the preceding rules apply to this edition of the toolbox, and you will not be able to see a few drives if you have the Intel RST 10.x series driver which is installed for your Advanced Host Controller Interface controller.

I had some questions regarding this case and so the only changes to the 32gbit die is the raise in 4gb of ability (for my 120gb)? And I had some queries whether there is no speed boost at all? In addition to this , I want to inquire regarding how far does the 25nm 32gbit 120gb drive holdup behind the 34/32nm 32gbit 120gb? And regarding the P/E cycles, does the 25nm drive have 2000 less than 34nm and for what reason, there was a need to switch to 25nm even made? In addition , I also have some queries as How long can we expect the 25nm drive to last then? If the ratings are accurate, then 3000/5000 = 0.6, which indicates that the 25nm drive would have around 50 - 60 percent of the durability of the 34nm alternative? Doesn't this make the 25nm course very bad for ssds?

Benches in AS-SSD for the 64Gbit drives are on OCZ.com and regarding the 25nm less question , because manufacturers have moved to 25nm and they will shift to 22 and in future there are chances that they can move to the 18 and so on. You make use of what the market has accessible. Transitions will be made as necessary going forward. The firmware on the drive will take care of the nand. And the reason why I believe it still carries the same warranty so you can make use of the drive with confidence. finally it in fact is unrelated, as the only 3xnm nand left is just from preceding stockpiles and will as well be disappearing. I suppose OCZ just worn out their 3xnm nand since of the volume they move which speaks for itself.

I would attempt the ssd on the intel ports. i consider they will give a superior showing and it has been said by the guys out there that the Intel controller is faster. I had some issues as I RMAed my original 64 Gbit drive, and when I tend to run Toolbox on the new drive the Die Size button , it was stating that "Unknown Flash Part." And in this case, I am quite sure that I don't have the RST 10 driver installed. And I was making some confirmation regarding the fresh drive is 32 Gbit; and it came to my notice that I would require to first figure out which driver I was running so that I was sure about the driver compatible for proper detection. And after making a check I was having issues regarding the same. And to add further, I found that many people had some doubts regarding there were doubts as how to enter in this process. So to provide with you a particular answer, you need to move in the toolbox, and then you will require to press CTRL ALT L so that you are able to turn on logging. Then choose your drive and go to the die size. And then close Toolbox. You should be with a "OCZTechnology.log" file on your desktop. So the issue was solved in my case.

Guys, If you make use of a program similar to SSD-Life free, after a certain phase of usage it will let know you how long it estimates the SSD to last. And n regards with an Agility2 120 GB which has at present 25 nm NAND will tend to indicate "EXCELLENT" condition and is predictable to last some good couple of years something. That is a significant life span.in my case, for myself that is sufficient. I would more likely restore it with a faster, larger, more energy competent SSD which would more possibly be accessible by then.