Thread: Release of new firmware for OCZ Vertex 3 with fixed speed of 2.15?

Release of new firmware for OCZ Vertex 3 with fixed speed of 2.15?

I am making use of the OCZ technologies and it is better as compared to the other products and I am really happy regarding this one but one thing I realized later and as I was not so experienced in finding the fact that making use of the OCZ FW decreased the speed of V3 series after 2.15 FW. And so just made a search on this topic and could not find any possible reason behind it. So I want to inquire you all guys as when will new fixed FW be released for this version. So if you have any update regarding it , please post for the same.

Re: Release of new firmware for OCZ Vertex 3 with fixed speed of 2.15?

According to me, your assumption is totally wrong as it has been never observed that the speeds tend to be decreased. And if you are concerned to this situation, you will require to simply downgrade to an earlier FW. I was also concerned to the same situation earlier as I also had the same doubts regarding the speed as I was making use of window 7, and my system was running slow. I've did all those which I know to increase the performance of system but that was not effective. I later inquired somewhere regarding any tool so that it was possible for me to increase my pc performance and I came to know that at your system specs as well as the Atto and AS-SSD values of the SSD there is no app which will assist you to push up the system.and then as I was much concerned to the speed , I made several tries for finding appropriate answer and later came to know that making attempts in approx 19 hours of logged off idle time,and making s1 or sleep disabled, you were sorted out. It also acme to my notice that the speed factor mainly depends on the RST driver you are making use of .

I need to have some discussion in this thread as I can say that 2.15 is within 1% of 2.13, 2.13 is approximately 2 to 3% slower than pre 2.09 which were unstable. In addition, the speed will almost certainly not alter now, the focus going onward is to protect your data as well as ensure ssd stability. And in this case, if you never ran a benchmark you would not become aware of 1% slowdown but you would observe drives not crashing any longer. As well I need to inquire that what you making use of to test this speed and what benchmark are you comparing it too. And in the case of comparison, you will require to compare apples to apples, if the benchmark you are comparing too is atto, you will require to run atto, but make a note of one thing that there is no requirement of running as-ssd and compare it too atto as they bench the drives tend to be different. I wouldn't observe that as it would only be a couple MB/s in chronological furthermore an MB or else two in 4k. regarding my atto , it is still above spec which turns to be nice and fast. But regarding your case, I suppose that your drive is in hammered mode from a lot of benchmarks . so hope this information helps or you come across some hint which tends to be useful in your case.

There are many guys who are inquiring regarding the same topic and I have searched that there are lots of tool in the market which will tend to assist in increasing system performance. at present I'm making use of MindStick Cleaner software which is helping me a lot to attain maximum attainable speed. it is free charge tool so you are able to easily download it and make use of it and there are no changes n your program which directly or indirectly hampers your performance. It should also be declared that those sorts of utilities only tend to reduce the filesystem bloat/degradation within the OS itself along with have squat to do with in fact optimizing any SSD's functional speeds. What is the ultimate result you are obtaining are you with constant gains or losses. it's because of reduced(increased) resource hogging. In addition , I will also tell that reducing Windows background activity(resource hogging/overhead) along with making use of the drivers and along with the amount of recovery time allowed, as well as free space will have the maximum impact for performance along with speed as well as the stamina of any SSD.

I have same issues and this topic approximately relates my concerns and in my case, my drive is hammered and has been through 4 firmwares furthermore a a small number of storage driver changes and is still on the unique Windows 7 install . I sleep it when leaving the system for a while and never leave it on for the night so it really has slight time to clean itself up. On a current benchmark it completed 520-550 MB/s in read as well as write. And according to this result, I believe it is way positive (at best) to anticipate or ask for a quicker firmware. And I am now on 2.15, I have never experienced any bsod or else freezes. plus regarding my speed it tends to be the same. I am really contented because 2.15. I consider there was a time I put my v3 inside a drawer and made an installation of regular hdd, since it was just unbearable to make use of it.

It has come from some sources that they are constantly testing beta fw from sandforce/ocz. And they have said that if they have any big breakthroughs/advances , they will be make it public. Prerelease info pertaining to firmware causes nothing but mess. Tested firmware as it exists nowadays might be totally dissimilar tomorrow and release dates are in fact not much extra than a moving target.

In my case, I am making use of the bf3 (and bf2) on quite a few machines and there are no issues regarding the firmware. In addition , I need to say that bf3 really stresses out a system, and I need to inquire regarding whether you are running the latest 295.71 nvidia drivers? In addition I would like to ask whether your bios is up to date or not as this might be the issue and it can severely cause some issues. are power options set to high performance? Also I need to say that why don’t you make some attempts by changing the sata cable as that can be also your concern. Also are you monitoring system temperatures (particularly cpu) . reply for the above inquired one if you are with serous consequences. In addition, make a note of one thing that some guys are now saying that BF3 needs at least a 1 gig pagefile for best presentation. if you have it extremely small or else disabled completely? You can also make similar attempts to try that too.

So guys , I am performing an Secure Erase right now. And you can also make some tries regarding it and see if it solves the issue. I have a feeling that it's my cheap PSU. I have heard a lot regarding the Enermax MaxRevo 1350Wts and think that making a buy of it will solve my issue. Previously , I made a secure Erase along with an fresh install of OS but there were no changes in this case and the time has come to make a buy of Enermax MaxRevo 1350Wts. It has been seen that it offers a more stable voltage regulation\controlling. So I suppose that will definitely solve my issue and really thanks for your suggestions and reply.