Thread: Logitech Wingman Formula Force does not work with Windows 7 64 bit

Logitech Wingman Formula Force does not work with Windows 7 64 bit

Hello friends, I was trying to run Wingman Formula Force and it is not working on Windows 7 64 bit, it is very old product and I have maintain it till now. When I was purchasing this one then I have pay good amount to Logitech and know it is time to take a new one. I do not wanted to go for new, I would like to request Logitech that they can at least drivers of this unit so that it can be recognized and also it can be used if it is not having Force Feedback, what you people have to say about it? There should be drivers of it, in my opinion or it worth for going for new one? Please do tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Logitech Wingman Formula Force does not work with Windows 7 64 bit

I am also having same problem which you are facing it and would like to tell that wheel which I am have owned is in perfect condition, but there is no support from Logitech for Windows 7 64 bit. I think that Logitech is giving us sign that we should not go for their quality controller where should get one which is cheap and nasty and which is able to break quickly and so eliminate driver and support problem. There should be something or other from Logitech, but there is no response from them.

I am also using Logitech Wingman Formula Force and really liking it and also it is working perfectly for me. At present I am not able to use it because I am using Windows 7 64 bit. I have purchased ball bearing upgrade kit and did some of changes in pedals for longer travel. It was been only weakness which was limited lock to lock degrees when you compare it to some newer wheels then also it was been very much worth as the initial investment. Presently it is time to change as I will not making fool out mine by doing dual boot of system for it. If you are thinking to get a new wheel then which one you will be going for. I am very much sure that will not be going for Logitech product, thinking to go for Thrustmasters which are supported on most of systems.

I am also having same problem, I using Logitech wingman formula force, red wheel and also it is in perfect condition, I have not spoiled. I have taken care of this wheel very well, but now I do wanted to throw it in dustbin as it is not supported on Windows 7. I do also agree that there should be drivers for it, even connection interface is not at all a legacy game port other than that a normal usb port which is 1.1 released and 2.0 which is under coming 3.0 are retro-compatible. If such thing is possible then I do not think that it is really tough to release 64bit driver for windows 7, if not possible for windows 7 then should have for windows vista, which is fine with me. I would recommend Logitech that they should add little effort to it and make it available for their older customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Oye! View Post
    I am also having same problem, I using Logitech wingman formula force, red wheel and also it is in perfect condition, I have not spoiled. I have taken care of this wheel very well, but now I do wanted to throw it in dustbin as it is not supported on Windows 7. I do also agree that there should be drivers for it, even connection interface is not at all a legacy game port other than that a normal usb port which is 1.1 released and 2.0 which is under coming 3.0 are retro-compatible. If such thing is possible then I do not think that it is really tough to release 64bit driver for windows 7, if not possible for windows 7 then should have for windows vista, which is fine with me. I would recommend Logitech that they should add little effort to it and make it available for their older customers.
    I would like to tell that there is no USB HID devices at present whereas you might required to have specialized USB drivers for it. Unfortunately there is Vista support as how it is function and interacts with onboard USB drivers. I would suggest that you better send your request to software development team of Logitech and check that they are able to work it. I do not think that they will be able to create new Vista drivers for this product. But I would like to suggest that you better go for new wheel. If you are able to use 900 degree race wheel then you might be able to go far away.

If you check all programming resources which are been available with Logitech and it will appear to be at least having a beta driver available for it. I do know that this wheel is very much expensive high quality item and it should not be used for landfill. Well it is very much tough to throw in dustbin; once you have thrown it then you need to get another one from Best Buy and also need to pay some extra for a Logitech brand wheel which is having same build quality or feel. Whenever a person is doing that then it feels that it is not worth and male you think for purchasing a new one. I do know that is not a natural behave to do this type of native and I do not think that there will be anyone who will be doing it with Logitech product.

These devices such as Wingman Compel, Force and Force Drive, were some of the first DirectInput gaming devices. These were outlined when USB was still a little business technology, and are indeed technically serial devices, although they have a USB port. Due to the data transmission obligations of having something being serial perfect, initial constrain sentiment gadgets had to stack the forces into the unit's memory, and afterward could show the force when trained by the PC. Basic force permitted up to 10 impacts, but later/more complex compel input executions created the memory to be obliged, probably to 7 or less impacts. Later Force Feedback devices, essentially all units underpinned by LGS 5.01 or more, have an offbeat method of maintaining impacts. The PC might send and execute distinctive impacts, as well as actively evacuate and trade the impacts without shutting and reviving the game. This joined together with more amazing memory monetary institutions and no requirement for legacy serial uphold, took into consideration an altogether more amazing measure of impacts and this is the standard primarily utilized by every last trace of the games improved in the final few years.

They had to pull a considerable measure of tricks to keep drive input working legitimately on the proposed apparatuses, and basically put, the way drive sentiment is executed in diversions moved past what the standard was when they started this unit line. They moreover can't make ebb and flow diversions good with this apparatus, so even assuming that they got the driver working, I cannot certification you could even utilize this device with the games which are being designed for Vista. Advanced recreations basically could fling too much data at this gadget for it to handle reliably. They are not ending Vista upholds in some sort of vindictive method. PC innovation has essentially advanced so far that they need to distinguish where need to breaking point the engineering. They still back these wheels/joysticks, but they need to do along these lines, on the OS they were planned for (Windows 95-XP).

As of right now I suspect that you are able to get the wheel working in 64 bits but not the Power Criticism. I did with the Saitek driver and Logitech did Close of Existence the unit and won't give us back in the structure of a 64 digit drive, so I unequivocally inquired to Open Root de initial 32 bit driver so someone can do what they aren't doing, produce a 64 bit driver. I don't give a darn for the profiler or whatever, actually requires the specs for the serial correspondences. I grasp units could not venture to be backed everlastingly but constraining outdated nature of an else wise faultlessly working unit that way and not furnishing even the cause of a 10 years old driver is abhorrent. In the event that I require a late wheel create it breaks a G27 could be my decision but not create they didn’t trouble to furnish a 64 bit driver, not yet for XP.