Thread: Is starter required for OCZ Agility 3

Is starter required for OCZ Agility 3

hello guys , I am having some issues in this case and regarding the OCZ I am not having any ideas. So to discuss with the topic, I have issue with my new OCZ Agility 3 but a strange problem I believe : approximately every time I wish for starting my system, the SSD is not reappeared,and to do that , I have to open my computer after turning off, and then unplugging and plugging back the SATA cable, and after the whole process when I restart the computer, SSD is reappeared. I made several attempts in the case while entering in setup, setting the SSD in first boot device and it is OK, windows 7 x64 boot along with no difficulty anymore, and also there are no BSOD issues , no problem of reading or else writing and it is really fast and after all such situates I am not knowing why I am with only reappearing by BIOS at almost every boot . so are you guys also with the same issue as I am tired of this thing to move to the whole process of plugging and unplugging. So can you state some solutions which will provide to be beneficial in my case. Thanks in advance.

Re: Is starter required for OCZ Agility 3

I was also having same issues as you appear to say but I need to say whether you have made some attempts to upgrade the FW of the agility3 after installing a new system on an additional disc, as there is a possibility that the the upgrade can change anything and it has been confirmed afterwards that the upgrade can solve the problem you are facing.in addition , I approached some guys which told another solution to just make use of the Linux method, and also you can have a check in guides. As well , you need to disable quick boot in BIOS option. So hope this helps you. And according to me this will tend to work surely.

As you are saying about the repered, this issue continues to stay on if it sounds like a cabling issue, and all you need to check in the cables first as it is not a issue with the drive. And if comes in view that the issue subsists regarding the upgrade, it is accurately said by the previous post to upgrade and the option of disabling quick boot in BIOS option will tend to solve the issue. If you have made some attempts with the two different cables provided with my mainboard, and still the issue persist, you can always make some attempts with a third one and then post your reply for the same.

So thanks for the reply but I am not able to understand you as you mentioned to make an use of the linux method and for that we require to install Ubuntu 10.10 first? I will do for the quick boot. And according to me, for the repered term means Identified. Will I really require an actual Linux install. As I am currently with windows and I am not having any idea regarding the linux operating sytem , please provide a quick reply to proceed further.

Hello guys , I am having same issues and in my case, after several tests, it is not responding anymore today. And I think I will send it to OCZ to have an replacement. But previously I tried with finally managing to start my computer with my agility3, I am making attempts to update the fw to 2.09 with linux USB OS but I was with a syslinuxnew stopped ... error 255.i don’t have idea regarding this one and if I try with UnetBootIn I do not know which distribution to select. Just assuming, that the UnetBootIn will be the correct option to make a choice of and I have the message error : "un17578 has stopped" and then made some tried with another computer. My friend just suggested to try with aborting USB key, and trying on a CD but there were no positive results.i also underwent an error message :
    "/root/OCZ: line 8: ./fwupd: No such file or directory"
    under linux OS,after and then later flashed BIOS from F5 to F6 but there were no signs of solution. Please provide with some replies or guys post your queries so that I can get some hint or the other .

So I was also having similar issue and I need to discuss the problem which I had. So in this case, I have made use of the terminal to write the command line :

./fwupd -log -fwl 2_10 /dev/sd?

And I was with the following result :

fwupd v2.10 : update drive firmware
    Firmware update FAILED on /dev/sda: drive OCZ-AGILITY3

then I made some attempts with :./fwupd -log -fwl 2_09 /dev/sd?

but was with the same result . but later I clicked that I was not making use of the bootable tools for Linux and there was a possible change after this one. And I was making use of the firmware 2.08 and after my upgrading to fw 2.09 everything was Ok in my case.

failed again
    in log file :
    Firmware update FAILED on /dev/sda : drive OCZ-AGILITY3
    Status = 9
    that was the thing which I got and as said by the previous post , I was also making a good use of linux bootable tool, trying to make use of your tutorial word after word. In addition, I also found some strange thing when I make use of the shortcut on the desktop, I received an error message "./fwupd no such file in /root/OCZ"
    and when I tend to write the identical command line in the terminal, there is no issue . later I found from a site that the branch of a second Vertex PC is under Windows, and you require to flash from the PC then you have to make an reinstallation of the vertex on your PC and all will be fine. And it really helped in my case.also I was editing the OCZ file for 2.09 and it came to my notice that I was not typing the necessary commands properly or was having something out of place. So after coming this into mind where exactly I was missing made a correction and everything was fine. So you should also make similar attempts by which you will be solved with your issue.

I have made some attempts for 2.09 but I understood I have initially to upgrade to 2.08 as I was with 2.06.
    when I made attempts to make use of the shortcut (without any altering of OCZ) it is said there is no such file ./fwupd but when I tend to write in a command line in terminal, the file is set up but I come across that the update has FAILED. I have a wired connection along with IP adress is OK. There were guys who were insisting on making use of solid wired internet connection along with entering in an AHCI mode. So I just followed them and it was really solved !!!!. so guys remember one thing that you will require to be in AHCI mode and yes, you are able to it in the bios.and I need to tell you my friends situation also as he was also having same issue and when he double clicked the firmware upgrade icon on the desktop.in the end it worked in his case but when he opened a terminal window along with typed "cd .." [enter] several times to get to the root level. I came to know after this one that you are able to verify the files in that level with "ls" [enter]. You will be having fwupd file but also a file called OCZ and you need to simply type "./OCZ" along with hit enter. And it worked in his case from 2.06->2.11 on agility 3.

I am fed up as I am not getting solution anywhere. Can you provide with this one. I came arioss the answers but have still the same problem. random founding of the SSD bios at the starting of the computer, when I made use of the earlier SSD I made some change as system disc, it was OK throughout some 3 weeks before giving this issue, obliged to unplug along with plug again the ssd disc to assist this one to be found by the bios, then it has been not as good as to be found. the latest one with existing last FW and last bios from gigabyte give the similar effect.from time to time, it is found by the bios and when I tend to arrive on windows, the SSD has moved out. since the fresh SSD, I do not make use of it any longer as system disc, I just check it when I have time. So guys can you help me further.

I have made a good research in this topic and all I need to discuss with you. Hope you will find this important. So I made an installation of previous bios for Gigabyte UD3P-B3 : F7A (beta version) and description : improve OCZ PCIe SSD compatibility for the moment, and was having same issues but later I made some test with the new BIOS along with the SSD FW 2.11, and I was with some steps which you need to follow.
    1 you need to first of all remove the drive
    2 and then clear the cmos
    3 you need to set hotplugging to disabled, set up bios then f10 and exit and then now power off
    4 you will also require to attach the drive
    5 then reflash the FW to the drive with hotplugging disabled
    6 after you have reflashed, power down the system, then remove power to the drive for some couple of minutes, and then make a reconnection of the drive along with power on.
    7 you need to boot to windows. And move to the device manager, along with navigate to disk drives, move to the SSD drive, and then right click on it and make an uninstallation,
    9 you will have a option of rebooting.
    10 then again, boot back to windows, allow the drive be installed again furthermore reboot
    11 again, you will require to boot back to windows, confirm power scheme is how you desire it
    12 and then reboot then run WEI and once more reboot and test.
    So after making a glance on this steps it has been observed that there are guys who are having some concerns in the step 6 as they are not knowing regarding the disabling of hotplugging and I need to say that if you are having the Gigabyte boards, you will not have to worry because this boards do not have a hot plugging option so you are able to ignore that for your board.