Thread: After booting several times, OCZ Agility 3 v2.15 giving me the 000000xF4 error on windows BSOD

After booting several times, OCZ Agility 3 v2.15 giving me the 000000xF4 error on windows BSOD

as my friend suggested to make an purchase of OCZ Agility 3 , I made a buy and then found that it was really awesome. And I didn’t had any issues in my case as I had boot times under some couple of seconds. unluckily it came to my notice that it was giving me an 000000xF4 error on Win 7 BSOD's on me. I made some several attempts to reboot it, but after max 20 minutes of spam , BSOD again. I thought that re installation of Win 7 will work but a couple of times, still gave me the similar error all the way through the installation procedure.
    I have made an reinstallation of Windows on my old 400gb hard drive as well as all works well as it should, but it tends to be just slower. A little investigation on the net regarding this topic lead to understand that the reason behind the BSOD was due to a malfunctioning firmware. In addition , I was also known that this issue was supposed to be fixed by the v2.15, version which I had installed ever since I received my unit.i am not having any any idea regarding this one a and I wonder if my unit is defective or else simply there's something I am doing incorrect. I later made some attempts to re-flash the firmware by means of the toolbox (3.02) but here also , there was no positive result. I am unable to see how secure erase could assist me with this issue . please assist me in my case and give some suggestions regarding the same.

re: After booting several times, OCZ Agility 3 v2.15 giving me the 000000xF4 error on windows BSOD

So guys , I am having some definite solutions which will work in your case and you need to first of all create a backup of your any personal data. You can then make attempts with secure erase the drive by making use of the OCZ tools. Afterwards, you can force flash the same FW to your drive by making use of the tools which are available from the desktop menu items. And then shutdown the PC.start the pc and clear the cmos, again reboot and make a proper reinstallation of the windows and set power profile to "High Performance". Then you need to disable any power saving features within the BIOS, and I have tried by this method and it was solved in my case. Hope this reply could solve your issue.

re: After booting several times, OCZ Agility 3 v2.15 giving me the 000000xF4 error on windows BSOD

Thanks for the precious reply and I got something which you told and also made some attempts in this case but , I was not able to understand by clearing the cmos what do you actually indicate. Is it by going to the bios and then choose the "Reset BIOS Setting/Factory Default etc.". and I have some general question as what should I do in case if the BSOD tends to appear again? It has been stated in the motherboard manual regarding the clearing of cmos but I didn’t get it. So what could be the possible reason behind it. Can you add some more additional information which will assist me in my case.

I was also having similar issues as related in your case and I was making some attempts to force the installation of the fw 2.15,without success.I followed the process which you mentioned earlier and was able to get with some points but the later did not supported well. Then I just found some more solutions and as per it securely erased, then force install from the toggle on the desktop. It then gave me firmware updated. Also it might be the case as internet is working, and the drive is set in achi. Then it also came to my notice that you need to make some changes in the command string text then go to file/save then update firmware as previous to updating firmware, it was not tending to work with. . it was also stated that if that does not work pm )private message( Ian to see if the command is the identical on the latest version.

Yes, the previously posts says it correctly, as you need to continuously attempt an update, and after +repeated attempts may be necessary to resolve this case. According to me, I suppose that the server might be busy, you should be able to make an reinstallation of windows in the meantime. Are you able to receive the "Update Failed" in yellow font or else "Update Failed" in white font? In addition, If you attach a copy of the fwupd.log from the /home/tc directory if possible will be able to solve the case in a speedy manner. You need to copy and paste it to your USB is possible by making use of the file manager. You need to make a note of one thing that the secure erase along with fresh install is to fix the poor presentation which is likely caused by repeated "re-installed Win 7 a couple of times". And in regards with the Force flash, it is to facilitate a reapply of the similar firmware edition, where a usual update would not be probable.It's probable that the power alternatives as particular earlier will treat the blue screen/performance problem, but a fresh installation of the drive's firmware should assist rule out a corrupted firmware. So hope this answer help you in your case.

I mentioned that the issue was mainly with the 000000xf4 BSOD as I did not have any performance matters with the SSD. And you were saying that making changes in the command string text and then go to file/save then update firmware as previous to updating firmware, and so on , will solve your issue. But I am not sure about which thing you are stating. Are you talking regarding the linux utility otherwise the Windows one. I am not able to understand the type of command you are stating. I made some similar attempts which thought would solve my issue . the things which I did was made an installation of an Agility 3 120gb on a Sony VAIO FW laptop with a PM45 chipset, on a SATA II port. I then made a removal of the CD drive with an HDD bay where my old 400gb hard drive sits at the present moment.so as I am not able to find the log file can you further assist me in my case, and to state further regarding this one is that the update failure message is in a yellow font. I did made attempts several times throughout the day, so I doubt it's a internet connected issue. I will attempts once more so that I am able to remove the HDD and then make an installation again of the SSD. Then you can run the linux utility to update the firmware.

According to me, it indicates that at some point the file is getting corrupted. One issue you face is clearing the BIOS and the reset to factory defaults in a notebook is not always easy, but if you are able to make sure that was accomplished or else locate an additional pc where the process should tend to work.The logs as well points to three drives, One an unknown, the Agility along with a 2TB Seagate, how is the Agility connected?I realize it's a pain to swap out drives to perform these updates, but by repeated I mean 2, 5 or more times, one right after the last without any reboots, if that's what it takes until successful, combined this many attempts can't take more than 5-10 mins. My personal experience with this error has always been resolved by the second time. So that's run the force update, if it fails you need to make a choice with the " E " so that we are able to close the app then go right back to the menu and try again. There are alternatives, like making use of Windows along with the toolbox on one more disk but that will take an additional pc unless you are able to boot to the seagate with the agility connected and attempt again, or else RMA to get it flashed.

I have set to factory defaults the BIOS by making an selection of the "restore default setting" within the BIOS itself. The Agility is connected during the main SATA II port, in the hard drive bay. When you are making some attempts by trying to flash the new firmware , I made an replacement of the HDD with the SSD. The third drive is the usb from which linux is started. I have made further attempts for another time. Booted linux from USB, while the agility is in the hard drive bay. the hdd is out, not connected to the system.I then made some attempts to force flash a lot of times, same results as before, FAIL . fwupd.zip those are the logs from final session.i was not having idea regarding this thing as I was not knowing regarding what to do, and did attempted to connect the SSD to the laptop by making use of the hard drive bay I have made an installation in my ex-CD/DVD bay. But after this one it was it was solved.

In my case , there is no installation for the toolbox. And you need to Unzip along with run the EXE is just the program itself. And I need to say to those guys who arte having some issues with the downloading of the firmware as you need to Download the Firmware completely . and in my case , I need to wait a minute and then have a reboot. You are able to re-open the toolbox along with see the firmware edition to confirm. On the firmware/toolbox you are with download page there is also a step by step guide if you are involved next time.

I have made an installation of the Win 8 Beta without any issue and it was solved thanks for your genuine reply. It has been running for few hours without any issue . I will make an installation of the Windows 7 later on and I'll disable all the power savers for HDD & co. asap. And it has been seen that the BSOD won't show ever again.so I would say that this issue was ultimately resolved.