Thread: Temperature reporting fixes for OCZ SSDs like Agility 3/Vertex 3/Solid 3

Temperature reporting fixes for OCZ SSDs like Agility 3/Vertex 3/Solid 3

I am using OCZ Agility3 in my PC as my primary storage device. I used Linux Live Tools for my SSD and it had an icon with name Fix temperature. According to its name, I think that it must be doing something related to the temperature of the SSD. Can someone tell me what it does as I think I’ll try it soon. I need to know the purpose of it. Can someone provide information about it?

Re: Temperature reporting fixes for OCZ SSDs like Agility 3/Vertex 3/Solid 3

This function will let you see how much temperature is being generated in your SSD when a certain amount of load is put on it. It will test the SSD for low, medium and high load. It will give you results and on its basis, you can decide if the temperatures are high or not. You can attach new cooling fans or heatsinks if you think that the SSD is overheating. For this test to be successful, your system must have heat sensors which will send the information of temperature to the system. It is built to cover both, user end drives as well as enterprise drives. If no sensors are available in your system, then the SSD and its firmware is programmed to give the approximate temperature based on the time it has been running for and the amount of work that was been done on it. Usually the temperature of SSDs are same that as HDDs. The temperature will be between ranges of 20 degree Celsius to 40 degree Celsius. OCZ Vertex3 is one SSD that comes with inbuilt temperature sensors in it.