Thread: Ocz vertex 2 drive is not getting recognized by Toolbox on Win7 64bit

Ocz vertex 2 drive is not getting recognized by Toolbox on Win7 64bit

I have bought Ocz vertex 2 drive recently and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it is not getting recognized by Toolbox on my system running on windows 7 64bit, I have currently installed it as ntfs partition but then I am willing to use the same as boot partition, I have tried running the Toolbox program with windows 7 compatibility making sure that I am running the same as admin but then it is not making any difference, I have plugged the Ocz vertex 2 drive at a sata2 port and I am using an EVGA i780 board having the nvidia chipset because of which I won’t be able to install ahci drivers, so I just wanted to know that is there anyone who can help me out with an workaround for getting the drive recognized by the Toolbox??

Re: Ocz vertex 2 drive is not getting recognized by Toolbox on Win7 64bit

I have bought Ocz vertex 2 drive recently and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it is not getting recognized by Toolbox on my system running on windows 7 64bit, I have currently installed it as ntfs partition but then I am willing to use the same as boot partition, I have tried running the Toolbox program with windows 7 compatibility making sure that I am running the same as admin but then it is not making any difference, I have plugged the Ocz vertex 2 drive at a sata2 port and I am using an EVGA i780 board having the nvidia chipset because of which I won’t be able to install ahci drivers, so I just wanted to know that is there anyone who can help me out with an workaround for getting the drive recognized by the Toolbox??
    As far as I am aware if you are using nVidia drivers for the onboard controller and running in to such issues then you can just try to roll back to the native windows 7 driver and check out if it is making any difference but then if that does not help then you can try out using Linux flasher and if you are not willing to use that then you will have to update the drive with the help of an Intel or AMD chipset based system. i mean that you can try out updating the drive by installing it in some other system having Intel or AMD chipset, just check out these possible solution and then let me know which one is helping you out, if you have any further issues then let me know I will try to help you out with the same as well.

Hey thanks for your interest but then I am really not willing to try out updating the drive, I have updated the bios on the other hand and I wanted to know that how can I check if the drive is a 32Gbit IC drive or a 64Gbit because I am not yet sure about the same, I am not able to track out the cause of this issue as well and I am just running out of ideas now, I have tried using the drive on other system having Intel or AMD chipset and there it is getting recognized but then not on my system, so you know what might be the possible cause of this issue?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Even I need some help regarding the same, after installing the Ocz vertex 2 drive I had found the video driver to be related to the drive as you can see in the below image:

Later when I checked out for the same then I found that the marvell drivers are there as they are recommended to install by the windows but then they are of no use to me as the SSD won’t be able to boot from them and I don’t know what is the reason behind the same, anyways I have tested out the SSD to every single SATA port but then I don’t know why the toolbox is not recognizing it, I have also tried attaching the drive to a sata port and then enabling the AHCI mode but then the toolbox is still not recognizing the drive, I don’t think I am missing anything, can you jus help me out fixing this??
    My system specifications are as followed:
    • Motherboard: ASUS P6X58-E PRO
    • BIOS: Rev 1.xx
    • CPU: core i7 950
    • RAM: cmx4g3xm2a1600c9
    • Vid: nvidia geforce 9400 gt
    • PSU: Agiler 1000w non certified AGI-PS1000
    • HDD: 2
    • Chipset: intel x58 rev 13 & intel 82801jr rev. 13

I think that you are not well familiar with what sata chips control what ports on the motherboard and I am saying so because there are a number of indicators that you have mentioned, if you are having P6X58-E PRO" motherboard then I will like to inform you that you won’t be having Intel 6G ports and the board will be natively going to be Intel sata2, as far as the Marvell ports are concerned they will be a second tier sata3 chip but then they will be quite weak if you check out the “read” speed, I also wanted to add that if you won’t be having anything connected to the Marvell 6G ports then you won’t be prompted by the windows for updating the drive, I am not very sure but then I think that the ssd should be attached to that for getting the prompt from the windows for updating the driver, if you still have any doubt then better go through the manual of the motherboard and check out the where the Intel 3G ports are located and after that swap over the Ryder, other than this just post an AS SSD screenshot so that I can have a better idea of your case and will try to help you out with it.

Sorry it was my mistake actually I was not aware that the ASUS P6X58-E PRO Motherboard is having two BIOS as well as two HD controllers, I have now checked out the manual and have found that the AHCI is not default for the standard SATA but then it is for the marvell controller, I have gone through the bios and have found the screen where I have to change the standard SATA ports from IDE to AHCI and I have did the same as well and now the Toolbox is recognizing the Ocz vertex 2 drive in my system and I have updated the firmware as well, thanks for all your help so far.