Thread: After installing Dataplex software in OCZ Synapse 64GB, getting Unrecoverable boot error message

After installing Dataplex software in OCZ Synapse 64GB, getting Unrecoverable boot error message

Recently installed a new OCZ Synapse 64GB into my brand new system. However I updated all the driver’s firmware from 2.13 to 2.15, this is what the first thing I did after I hooked up the SSD, once done with the updates I simply installed the Dataplex software, I got this software from OCZ website. When I completed the installation I was supposed to reboot the system. So therefore following the computer’s instruction I rebooted the machine but then I guess that was the only point when I saw my system working fine because after the booting my machine started behaving weirdly. i thought there might be a silly error so therefore once again I decided to reboot the system in order to warm up cache and see the effect at the boot time. but then my computer started messing up, now it shows me a unrecoverable boot error message, I seriously do not understand what exactly that message contains but I know that of the windows logo I am getting that message. Whenever we start the computer we do get a windows logo and then things continue but in my case instead of the logo I get a console screen which is continuously give me a screen full of same error message with no stopping. Till now the only thing I am able to do with the PC is shut it down and then again turn on. I am sure that this unexplainable message is thrown by the Dataplex boot program. However till now I guess I have managed to restore and sync some of its cache. Please help me out, I am totally out of idea. What should I do now?

Re: After installing Dataplex software in OCZ Synapse 64GB, getting Unrecoverable boot error message

You need not have to worry I have got the overview of your issue and also some idea what exactly went wrong into your system. Not sure with everything but I am sure by doing some R&D surely you system might come to the normal state. Listen there are certain thing that you have to try out, I won’t assure you that they will surely solve or eliminate your issue but at least they will help you to let know more about the problem and getting into the depth of the problem. What you need to do is first try to disconnect the OCZ Synapse SSD. According to me I think this is what has started the issue, as it is this drive has a bad history regarding its functionality. Anyways if that do not help you out in any way then you can try to boot Windows 7 DVD for the start up repair. You can also disable the cache just by pressing the letter D. for more help I will need your system configuration, so if possible just let me know your computer’s specifications.

Re: After installing Dataplex software in OCZ Synapse 64GB, getting Unrecoverable boot error message

I know that we can disable the Cache by pressing D but I won’t do that at all because if I do that I am sure the system will never be able to boot, I mean the system will start reporting that the there is no boot record. Anyways as per your other suggestions I tried out everything what you mentioned in your post but none of them helped me out. When I disconnected my OCZ Synapse there was no affect and when I Booted Windows 7 DVD I was unable to even see Windows that was for sure installed into it. In fact I was even not able to restore to the previous restore point. Ultimately I ended up having a corrupted and faulty windows partition but that really doesn’t matter to me as the system was new and obviously there was nothing stored into it to make me worry, this is what the main benefit of a fresh windows installation!!! Anyways here is my computer’s configuration:
    • Motherboard: Asrock H61/U3S3
    • CPU: i7 2500k
    • Memory: DDR3-1333 2x2GB
    • HDD: WD Green Caviar 2TB (WD20EARS)

I do have the same problem, after when I attached my OCZ synapse SSD onto my machine and then when I installed Dataplex software into it everything messed up. My computer now just gives me a console screen with some invalid message, there are lots of number and something going around in that screen which are understandable by me till now. When showed this error message screen to my friend he told me that the only solution I have to get everything fixed is to do a complete reinstallation of the window OS. However I have managed to do a clean installation of Windows 7 again into my computer and this time I only installed the network adapter driver, once I was done with the installation of the drivers I simply installed the Dataplex software and guess what? It worked correctly. I am so happy with it and I am really thankful to my friend.

I personally believe that the main cause of the issue was the ASMedia sata3 drivers which were in combination with the DataPlex software. It’s better suggested to install the Intel drivers and then run the windows update as soon as you are done with the complete windows 7 installation. You know with my computer I use to always press D in order to load the Dataplex software, I should have let it to do the recovery by itself instead of pressing it. I never used the ASMedia SATA 6GB/s controller. And as far as I know about this issue there are no chips available that con probably use more than one PCIe lane. However this will result in decrease in the overall performance if compared to using the onboard intel controller at 3GB/s. if you planning clone the Dataplex software better you first uninstall it before doing so.

if you planning clone the Dataplex software better you first uninstall it before doing so.
    Yeah I do agree with this statement you mentioned. If I am not mistaken this is to be done just because the number of sectors and the distribution of the data over these sectors are every time supposed to be changed. I am not sure but I guess the Dataplex somehow assures that all the data that are being temperorarily being written on the SSD and are written to the HDD if the you shut down the windows in a proper manner. Once if the SSD cache is active the backup software is always unaware of what exactly to be done with the drive. If you uninstall the Dataplex software all the data on the SSD will be completely written back onto the hard drive either on the window or during the Post. If you are willing to achieve some higher transfer rates compared to the Intel sata-2 controller I would suggest you to use the sata-3 controller on a single pci-ex 2.0 lane.

Sorry to say this but really there are some doubts still going around my mind even after your so much of explaination. Just wanted to confirm that is my HDD being identified differently and uniquely because of the caching software that I have installed. Most importantly I would like to know that if at any moment my caching SSD is bad or corrupted then will I be able to still boot the system without any issue. I am always very much worried about my OS. This Dataplex software always confuses me a lot, if I install a program or try to save a program or video editing project then obviously I would expect the data to be first stored on the SSD in order to boost the performance and then no matter it saves it on the HDD or not but yes it should be written on the HDD as soon as possible for a normal working. And also I would always expect that if I have some new data, this data should be however stored onto the HDD if my system is at idle mode or not being accessed. There are lot more thing that goes around my mind like does the Dataplex software distribute all those data which I made over the SSD and HDD without any redundancy. It would be very much helpful if someone correctly explains me how exactly this Dataplex manages write cache.

If you properly do the configuration with the Dataplex software then surely the Synapse is will not be visible by the operation system also it won’t be able to see any Intel drivers and therefore the Intel drivers won’t be able to disable the Dataplex software.
    If you uninstall the Dataplex software all the data on the SSD will be completely written back onto the hard drive either on the window or during the Post.
    I do completely agree with your suggestion. But along way I am also sure you might be seeing Synapse itself in the BIOS but you won’t see any tools to manage it. In this case you can uninstall the Dataplex in the windows and the try to reboot the machine. Now during the post when the dataplex detects any issue the option is shown to you.

I would help you out with your confusions; not completely but I can let you know some known facts. Look the data or the software that you create or copy is first stored onto the HDD i.e. the hard drive. Now the portion that will be copied to the SSD is determined by the way the data is used and the frequency at which it is accessed. This thing is nowhere different from the boot drive failing. So you can simply conclude that the intel SRT is the best option that is available with respect to the recoverability. If you are trying to unplug the SSD that is functions as SRT cache disk in your computer system then believe that it is however still able to be booted. I always prefer to keep my computer running; initially I thought that if I add SSD Cache with Dataplex it would increase the performance in such a ways that I would never give any chance of getting any failure or error. Now here in all the cases I am sure the issue is with the synapse drive which is showing some inaccessible behavior and also it has disabled caching.