Thread: Vertex 2 SSD not working more than 5 mins in Windows

Vertex 2 SSD not working more than 5 mins in Windows

Hi all in here, I am facing a problem with my Vertex 2 60 GB SSD (Intel-Micron 34nm Flash) I have my operating system in this SSD. I had got this SSD almost a year ago and till date it was working perfectly but I don’t know what happened and suddenly from today morning my computer started freezing. As it started freezing again and again and now it just starts and freezes as soon as it boots. So I tried to change the power supply but it also didn’t work for me than I tried to replace the Sata cables/connector but that too did not help me. Not only that much there were some un-necessary hardware in my computer I also removed them from my computer as I though it can some time cause some problem but even after removing them my machine freezes. I also tried to update the firmware version from 1.23 to 1.35 but it also did not help. Even I tried to diagnostic tools and there also I did not got any error. So I would like to thank you if anyone can help me out.

Re: Vertex 2 SSD not working more than 5 mins in Windows

Even I am have 60 GB Vertex 2 and I am using Windows 7 32 bit even my SSD freezes. My Vertex 2 has completed only 10 months yet. And this kind of problem with me is from past 7-8 days as my system gets freeze or get reboots. As after the system get reboots automatically BIOS stop recognizing Vertex 2 and SSD shows red light. So from past 2 days I am using my old hard disk and everything is working fine. So now I am sure that there is a problem with my Vertex 2 for sure.

I have a 40GB OCZ Vertex II as the primary disk on which you installed Windows 7 and Application. Monday night, simply by starting iTunes, windows 7 froze, at the restart, I had the message: NTLDR missing. Press CTL + ALT + DEL to restart. The disk still appears on the BIOS, but cannot boot from it. So I just repaired my Windows 7, nothing to do. I removed and reinstalled the OCZ Windows 7 on another drive. Then connected on the OCZ SATA4. I see windows, but only a 100MB partition is available. In windows disk management, I see the partition of 39Go, but impossible to reach them.

Last August I got myself a Vertex 2 (60 GB) granted. It ran until a few months (at least half a year) without problems on my laptop running Windows 7. At that time it was the first problem. The SSD was not addressed and that all data has been lost. However, I was able to get it going, because she was still detected in the BIOS. Last night started the computer again no more. In Bios, the SSD is not recognized anymore. I'm pretty disappointed and wonder if there is a possibility of a reversal of the purchase agreement or some other solution might look like. Since the drive appears to have significant problems with the reliability, I'm not willing to continue working so that even if a firmware update help for a short time (like last time).

Here I am guys; I do not know what to do now. I tried to enable AHCI drivers when installing the motherboard, but it just gave me problems, because frankly I do not know. I also did the registry change to start windows already installed so AHCI but nothing, nothing but trouble. Now I am back with my hard disk with previous installation of windows, then I removed the SSD and install the Western digital Caviar Black (not used it for a month) and I tried to install the Windows, but even there during the " unpacking files "in the installation of windows, came one of the errors. At this point I think is the DVD of Windows that has strong problems, like the other one I had before.

Late December I got the OCZ Vertex 2, 120GB, in which I want to install the operating system Windows 7 64bit and make a boot disk. I have never managed to finish the installation due to various errors in the installation process, and the takeover of the hard disk itself has always had various troubles and in fact after a few hours of operation near the green operating LED turns to red. After a month of waiting since confirmed the fault I have sent another product equal and I am happy and glad I got my din DVD Windows 7 and I started the installation by disconnecting the other 2 hard drives and taking on only the SSD. During the installation process I find several errors. Blue screens, errors on the screen, a despair. It always happened in the second stage of the installation, after unpacking it says Windows files. At a certain percentage chance, or blue screen or error on the screen that did start the installation. Then I thought to remove the system overclock, but nothing has changed. I also tried to change SATA port but nothing happened. I was getting error again and again. Only once I have completed the process of unpacking files and restarting the system I am installing the system found an error in a file. In same system I had installed my old HHD where I installed Windows 7 once already by the DVD itself. And from there everything works. In the bios no septum nothing different, even the AHCI mode active (in fact I have those other two discs in traditional magnetic platters). Now the SSD is seen, I formatted the operating system. But even if I reinstall Windows SSD allotment and I know that for some cases I cannot install it. I could see to find out if the hard disk is healthy? It may be that the Windows 7 DVD is damaged? Do not really know better than to think, I'm desperate because I also wanted to have my beautiful boot disk speed as fast as everyone else, but for one reason or another do not succeed I'm doing!

I do not know what absurd reason my pc does not recognize my SSD more and consequently I cannot access to windows because I have everything installed on the vertex 2. I have not moved anything in the bios the only thing I did yesterday before turning off the machine was an upgrade of windows, but I doubt it was this hard to stop me. I tried to change Sata cable, I unplugged all other drives, removed and put back the power, but nothing is wrong, and I find the 2 SSD LED (red and green) light is there any advice you can give me? The firmware that I am mounted on the last, ie, 1.35. Thanks to all

I have a new laptop (Asus U33JC-RX044V) granted and also a new SSD hard drive (OSC vertex 2). "Old" SSD drive and pure. Unfortunately, I get Windows 7 installed. It provides me with the installation of a drive! Instead, ask for a driver for the driver. Hate but read that Windows 7 brings all of the drivers already and I do not say anything because I even braches. The disk is recognized correctly in BIOS and AHCI is enabled! Or is the drive defective? I have the drive connected externally sometimes with as a USB Adapter. It is also recognized and can even install Windows 7.

Try getting the SATA drivers WHILE (press F6 at the initial setup) to integrate the Windows setup. The driver can be found on the ASUS site. It should be the Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers found under "Others" after entering your notebook type. If Windows does not have SATA drivers and it will come at times from less common chipsets, then the previous partition and format utilized at all. Windows should recognize the drive there first and the only way is through the SATA drivers! Again to explain SATA is not the same as SATA. Since there are as different as drivers for printers, etc. 99% of the interface with standard drivers respond.

Some things are certainly not assigning by hand. But you must not forget that in a support forum most problems are dealt with, so for the novice, it looks just like this sometimes as if there are only problems. However, in view of the discs sold it certainly looks different. Nevertheless, every problem that is not caused by misuse of the user, a problem too, also in terms of the manufacturer. This is so partly with the benchmarks, a 'mania'. I do not want the user to perform a HDD that even dozens of times with different programs. But with an SSD is only taken once every program on 'Benchen' around and then looking in the other forums like it looks like and then to open a thread in the absence of 5%. Then, much has been benched, the writing rate is going down, then Secure Erase is so, too, must have the latest firmware to use it, it looked not even what are the changes from the previous firmware, if it ever worth it. No play first up and complain about problems behind. That the 'mania' affects not only the SSD, but almost everything that has to do with the PC. Since the CPU is turned up until it stops, you realize certainly not at work, whether 3.2 or 3.6 GHz, the main thing more, that same with graphics cards, 5 frames longer now instead of 200 205 and so on but then wonder if the system becomes unstable.