Thread: OCZ Vertex 3 recognized as SATA 1 drive on SATA 2 motherboard

OCZ Vertex 3 recognized as SATA 1 drive on SATA 2 motherboard

well I am getting an interesting issue with Vertex 3 60 Gb after installing Windows 7 x64 on it. the motherboard is having Nvidia 750a SLI Chipset and it is having support for SATA II. I noticed that SSD of mine is running at SATA 150 speed. I having another drive which is running fine on SATA 300 Speed though it is using same cable and port as well. I am getting on Green LED no RED at all. there is no issue with the working of SSD irrespective of speed. I could not get whether it is compatibility issue between motherboard Chipset and SSD of mine. if you know any possible solution to meet the requirement of mine then let me know as early as possible.

Re: OCZ Vertex 3 recognized as SATA 1 drive on SATA 2 motherboard

I let you know that I was not able to connect with any of my SSDs with the SATA port of the above mentioned motherboard. I tried a lot but could not managed to install Windows as well until and unless bypassing MCH with backplane/controller which is supposed to resolve all of mine issues. After doing that I was able to get the optimized utilization of SSD with respect to usability, reliability and performance. The only thing I have done is connected through the compatible controller. apart from my solution you can give a try to PCIe controller card. let me know if you have managed to resolve the issue.

Re: OCZ Vertex 3 recognized as SATA 1 drive on SATA 2 motherboard

The controller card which you are talking about seems to be bit expensive for me. rather than Well I am not sure about the thing but you can resolve the issue of yours by simply updating the firmware of SSD. The motherboard which you are will not allow you to get the full SATA 2 speed. I hope they would release the respective firmware update very soon.