Thread: BAD Sectors in Vertex 2

BAD Sectors in Vertex 2

Hello friends I am really very much upset with my Vertex 2 120 GB as from the day I have taken my Vertex 2 it has got 3 times bad sectors in it, and suddenly it freezes or crashes the operating system and as soon as this happens it stops responding at all. When this happened the first time I was thinking that it occurred as it was due to the install of Windows 7. I have used HD Tune Pro to test Vertex 2 and I came to know that there was some kind of bad sector in it.

Re: BAD Sectors in Vertex 2

Vertex 2 120GB 3.5 SDD acquired "They performed without difficulty on a home PC to their service as an operating system drive to 3 weeks from that point on, the problems began. The operating system (Windows 7) collapsed from apparent reason during operation under almost no load (surfing the Internet) with a BSOD. After 3 of these crashes it cannot read boot anymore because of the SSD apparently not all required data could be read. A check with chkdsk bad sectors reported. It involved a non-secure backup of all data contained in the past that were still readable (only a small part), formatting, and a successful update of the firmware from version 1.33 to 1.35 with the OCZ tools software download 2.68.12. After reinstalling the operating system, the system ran flawlessly for about 2 weeks back. Also were no bad sectors chkdsk longer recognized. But after some days, the system crashed again on the fly from. Since that time, the SSD is not detected during the boot process and therefore also of any operating system more. After turning the system illuminates a green LED on the SSD as soon as the system BIOS will attempt to detect the light single SATA device additionally has a red LED. Both lights are on continuously until the system is switched off again. All access attempts on the SSD back to (Separate from the current SSD completely separate from the system and re-connect, connection to other SATA port, testing of system 2) failed. Since no daily backup was performed on the PC are now lost for the second time and I'm back data forced to invest a lot of time. The SSD has already fallen under warranty at the dealer. Since I am not helped when the (hopefully soon) incoming exchange SSD after 6 months with all the data, the temporal blessing, and I prefer, therefore, consider selling the replacement unit and switch to another manufacturer: Does anyone here have the problem already had a replacement unit?

I have been a month and a half owner of a 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD. This is used as a boot disk + what programs I use very much. In addition, there are still 2 Spin Points F3 1TB in my PC. Now tonight I downloaded the 4.6 version of HD Tune and to my horror was at the Health section indicated a warning about bad sectors. I know that SSD is indeed wear cells and that this reserve cells present on the SSD, I found it after only a short month and a half about "damage" still very fast and 384 sectors still sounds great. Can someone tell me if it really as bad as it sounds, or that this is fairly normal? And if this is worse than normal, how long has my SSD is still 'live'? That would be quite a letdown of the whole SSD story. Furthermore, I noticed that all was written into the 448GB SSD, even though I have taken measures against unnecessary writes features such as prefect end off. Is this even worse than it should and a half months after use? Furthermore it with 'SSD life left' 93 and that a disc must be replaced at 10, something in which I can imagine that in the beginning and that life is 100% so that counts. Now I think 93% is again reassuring. For if I by this same percentage would count my drive about 3 years, 30% own life, what an SSD surely have a long life. I hope there is someone who takes the trouble to read this long story, and me alone can make or can tell me that my disk is replaced.

The Smart values do not match with SSDs. Intel has its own tool that they do good read, but OCZ has this tool does not. My drive has a health of 80% and 2304 bad sectors (Crystal Disk Info provides otherwise damaged 900 sectors). This was on day 1 and so it remained unchanged in the last month. Most probably the TS firmware version 1.11. There is no new version available.

I recently purchased a Vertex 2 SSD of 120 GB for the system. So I formatted the disk and install Windows 7 on it. I encounter a problem that I really cannot to solve: virtually every startup has launched a Windows chkdsk because it finds defective sectors on the SSD. Yet I have verified that all drivers (motherboard chipset and others) are up to date, but nothing helps. I even changed motherboard thinking that the motherboard has a problem. If anyone can enlighten me to solve my problem it will be with pleasure. Sincerely, and thank you in advance!

I am getting BSOD since I installed my new SSD OCZ Vertex 3 times a day had a blue screen. I've already seen similar cases in the internet but no real solution. What I will try it today -> record on the second Insert 2 Sata 3 port. The drive is running in AHCI mode. Additionally I have a DVD drive on SATA port 2 is connected. My system: Windows 7 64 bit, HD 6870, Core i7 870 Pros, 120GB SSD. When installing the board I proceeded as follows. Infected disk and booted. Plate was installed win 7th OCZ's latest update tools downloaded and recorded. My computer shutdowns. HDD is unplugged (for the moment because I had no third cable for the HDD, SSD and DVD Rom). In the BIOS to AHCI configured (although it was confusing because there were so many settings to AHCI). Windows 7 installed on the SSD. All drivers installed. After another turn, and play all day the error does not happen anymore. It is now weeks since. Freezing the entire first program. Then I can do anything. And after about 5 sec is the blue screen.

chkdsk c: / f / r
    The command worked. I had to reboot the system. Then it makes the check. After the system rebooted (which all went so fast I could not read anything). Crystal Disk tells me I'm the version 2.06 on it. I can update as easily, or do I need to setup the system again? I started after the command and the system was hanging. After the PC is turned off and I tried again. After that it started the system. At the screen where it got caught, he writes to me usually means the more data the SSD and I can go to Space.

Some time ago I bought a 250GB Seagate 7200.10 and prodded to see if he was all right, yes, the HDD Sentinel tells me that was 100%. Time later I formatted and installed Win7x64 and pass the HDD Sentinel tells me that 89% has 7 or 8 bad sectors. Doing a chkdsk finds many losses chains. As I changed a Seagate disk, look in the security and the web is good until 2013, so good. But before sending you indicate that you pass the Seagate Tools to test the option of long (short test fails) and then try to repair bad sectors, good step for him and finds that about 25, the good thing is that all repairs. I go into windows and surprise, the HDD Sentinel tells me again that the disk is at 100%. As was to test, formatting and i install XP and passed the chkdsk and find missing strings the first time, but the following all perfect. It is true that you can fix bad sectors? I can have problems in the future?