Thread: Panasonic DVR K17 ATA

Panasonic DVR K17 ATA

I run Windows Vista on a Sony Vaio notebook.

Windows device manager is stating that Windows cannot load the device driver for the Pioneer DVR-K17 ATA. Using Windows, I have confirmed that the device driver on the hard drive is up to date.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Jim

Re: Panasonic DVR K17 ATA

Basically the driver for optical drives comes in Windows. There is no need to have any additional driver for the same. Just go in Device Manager and check that you can see the drive listed or not. If not then the drive is not at all detected by Windows. There is a minor registry manipulation you will need to do. There is a short script I had attached to this post which can help you to fix the dvd issue. First download the same and keep it on your desktop. Open command prompt and type wscript.exe "%userprofile%\desktop\dvdfix.vbs". Run this and then go in Device Manager. Check back you can see the drive or not. Update the drivers from there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you very much for your help. I will give your script a try.

Chuck28 - I have a similar problem with my HPdv6500. The dvd drive is gone in device manager. I tried applying your script. with the vbs extension, popup msg states can't find file. with the rar extension there is no script engine to execute. I renamed your file ext to vbs and get a syntax error. Any suggestions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marioch53 View Post
    Chuck28 - I have a similar problem with my HPdv6500. The dvd drive is gone in device manager. I tried applying your script. with the vbs extension, popup msg states can't find file. with the rar extension there is no script engine to execute. I renamed your file ext to vbs and get a syntax error. Any suggestions? Thanks
    You mean to say that the HP dv6500 dvd drive is missing from the device manager? Can you try to do a hard reset of your laptop by removing the battery and then removing the dvd-rom as well, check this link for hard reset - http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...riesId=3688868