Thread: Need help!! hard drive is not loading osx disc

Need help!! hard drive is not loading osx disc

I am having a powermac g4 and everything was working fine by now and I was not having any issues with the same but then yesterday the hard drive crashed suddenly and now I have bought another hard drive, it is blank and I have tried putting in the osx disc but then I don’t know why it is just not loading up, I am getting a bsod with a flashing question mark folder icon, I don’t know what is the issue all about?? Is there someone who can help me in dealing with it?

Re: Need help!! hard drive is not loading osx disc

I am having a powermac g4 and everything was working fine by now and I was not having any issues with the same but then yesterday the hard drive crashed suddenly and now I have bought another hard drive, it is blank and I have tried putting in the osx disc but then I don’t know why it is just not loading up, I am getting a bsod with a flashing question mark folder icon, I don’t know what is the issue all about?? Is there someone who can help me in dealing with it?
    I suspect you are having a bad hard drive but then I am not very sure about the same, in order to find it out if it is possible then just arrange other hard drive of a g4 and then check out the same on your machine and see if it is making any difference, if it works well then you know who is the culprit, just check it out and then let me know what response you get.

I think you were right the new hard drive is the culprit, I have just now checked out the other hard drive from my friends g4 and it is just working fit and fine and I am not having any loading issued with it, anyways I just wanted to know if there is a way by which I can format the new hard drive or I will just have to get a new one if the disc won't run?? I have tried holding c on start up w/ but then it did not made any difference, I will like to know if you have any other solution for me right now.

See if the "c" key is not working out for you then you can try out the alternative of the same and that is holding the Option key at the startup, when you do so then you will get an onscreen menu which will show up the available boot drives and if the Install DVD is not shown up then there are possibilities that the DVD is bad or the cdrom drive, to get more help just mention the model of the mac along with the version of the OS X Install DVD which you are trying to use currently .

In that case:
    • I am having powermac g4 quicksilver
    • It was running on snow leopard previously and it is a second hand
    • Currently I am having snow leopard dvd as well as panther one

I don’t think that there is something wrong with the dvd as I have checked it out in my friends hd and it was working fine there, there something else that is wrong but then I am not able to track out the same, is there anything else that I can try out?? Any further help will be appreciated.

I will like to inform you that Snow Leopard won't work on a PowerPC/powermac computer, I think that you must be trying to load panther, so just check out the same and be clear, if it is panther then i just wanted to know that are you having a black colored disc?? And not silver grey model specific discs?? If you are having a black colored disc then it should work fine and I suspect you to be having a bad hard drive, you will have to get a replacement for the same.