Thread: Only one drive is shown up when using 2 x Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk drive

Only one drive is shown up when using 2 x Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk drive

I have been using a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk drive 250Gb and I have bought another 1Tb desk drive and the problem that I am facing is that when I am suing both at the same time then only one is showing up in my computer as F, I have checked out in the device manager and they are trying to be F, I am using windows 7, is there anything I can do about this issue??

Re: Only one drive is shown up when using 2 x Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk drive

I have been using a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk drive 250Gb and I have bought another 1Tb desk drive and the problem that I am facing is that when I am suing both at the same time then only one is showing up in my computer as F, I have checked out in the device manager and they are trying to be F, I am using windows 7, is there anything I can do about this issue??
    I will suggest you to try out the below solutions:
    • Try using different usb ports
    • Try out the external drive troubleshooter from the Seagate site
    • If that does not helps the issue then you can try run Microsoft's UVC View utility and then post the report here.

Just try it out and then let me know what response you get.

Re: Only one drive is shown up when using 2 x Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk drive

I have tried out the external drive troubleshooter from the Seagate site but then it did not made any difference and I am still having the same issue, I have attached the Microsoft's UVC View utility report below:I just wanted to know if there is a way by which I can assign a new drive letter to an external drive, I though the new drive would get different letter but then it’s not.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just wanted to know that are you using a computer or laptop, as far as the renaming is concerned you can just right click on the drive and give it a new name, if you want then you can go in to device manager and then under disk management and then change the name of the drive as well. Just try it out and that should end your issue.

I have been facing the same issue with a FreeAgent 320Gb and a FreeAgent 500Gb below is my system specification:
    • 3.3GHz Intel Core i7
    • 12GB RAM
    • 64-bit Windows 7 Professional

I have tried changing the name of the drive by going in to the windows 7 disk manager but the I am still not able to connect them concurrently and they are still snatching the new drive letter, I have tried connecting them to different usb ports but then it is not making any difference, I have checked out other non-Seagate external drives and I am not having any such issues with them, the old FreeAgent 500Gb is 3 yrs old. I don’t know what’s wrong.

I was having the same issue but then I was able to solve it out by the below method.
    Go in to the disk management and change the name of the first drive by right clicking on the same
    After that perform the same for the other drive that might be appearing next to it an so
    When you are done with the same then right click on the grey section and when you hover in that part then you will get a error message which will say the following:
    The disk is offline because it has a signature collision with another disk that is online
    Like in the below image, so when you will right click on the same and select ONLINE then it will assign another drive letter automatically and at the same point you can change the name of the letter and after that you won’t face the same issue.

I have tried following the solution that you have mentioned above but then the second drive as Disk 4 and "No Media" I am not getting any error message or the red arrow like the one in the image, is there anything else that I can try out??

I have tried following the solution that you have mentioned above but then the second drive as Disk 4 and "No Media" I am not getting any error message or the red arrow like the one in the image, is there anything else that I can try out??