Thread: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX freezes when connected via eSATA

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX freezes when connected via eSATA

I have recently bought WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX and I had connected the same to my computer by enclosing it in to Rosewill RX-358 V2 via eSATA butt then I am having freezing issues, currently I have connected the same via USB 2.0 and it is slower but then I am not facing freezing issues as before but then I want to connect it via eSATA Connection, I think that I had missed out anything but then I am not sure about the same, so is there anyone who have connected it successfully via eSATA Connection and can help me out as well??

re: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX freezes when connected via eSATA

I have recently bought WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX and I had connected the same to my computer by enclosing it in to Rosewill RX-358 V2 via eSATA butt then I am having freezing issues, currently I have connected the same via USB 2.0 and it is slower but then I am not facing freezing issues as before but then I want to connect it via eSATA Connection, I think that I had missed out anything but then I am not sure about the same, so is there anyone who have connected it successfully via eSATA Connection and can help me out as well??
    I have not tried it out on my own but then I have found that it is important to use the most recent Intel RST for doing that so have you tried it out, anyways just post the specification of you system so that I can have a better idea of your case and will try to help you out with it, just mention them here for further help.

Here is my system specification:
    • Dell XPS8300
    • Win7 Pro 64Bit
    • Intel i7-2600
    • 12Gb RAM
    • AMD/ATI Radeon HD6770
    • 1.5Tb HDD

I have checked about the same and I have found that there are a no of people having XPS8300 and running windows 7 64bits but not able to get their work well when connecting via eSata and I have found that all the latest driver by 12/2011 are not appearing to be helping but then R284354.exe has found to be helping out a no of people and it is available on Dell Website, just download and install it from the below link and then post back the result that you get for it.
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

Hey thanks for the same but then now I have installed Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) Driver version 10.0.0.1046 from the same site but then it is not appearing to be making any difference, anyways I just wanted to share that I have also tried replacing eSATA cable with a powered eSATA cable (P-eSATA) and it seems to be working fine, so here I just wanted to know is there any chances of it to be overloading or burning out the motherboard in such case??? Do you have an idea about the same?? Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX freezes when connected via eSATA

I just wanted to know that have you tried using HDD on an internal SATA port as it should work fine there, if you have not then try out the same. Other thing I wanted to share is that the controller present in the enclosure might be having some kind of impact on how the drive is getting pr5esented to the operating system, I mean that it can be presented as either ATA,SCSI,SATA,eSATA,eSATAp. These have a different electrical standard which affects the signal reliability and it depends on the quality of the cables as well, so here you will have to check out with the manufacturer of the enclosure and find out what internal and external device interfaces are supported.