Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-03-2012

Unable to install DELL PV132T FC with QLogic FC Adapter

I am unable to find any solution on any sites and so posting the issue so as to receive some good replies. So I'm attempting to make an install of PV132T FC with QLogic FC Adapter. But what I coming across is that the system is indicating only "Dell PV-132T-FC SCSI Array Device", and it says that there are no other PV132's devices.I've attempted to make an addition of it manually, by rightclicking the *.inf file and then making an selection of the "Install", but have not succeeded. I've made installation of QLogic SANSurfer, and it is able to detect the device, but Windows still doesn't. my system configurations are PE2650, Windows Server 2003 x86. Please provide some help in this case.
Old 29-03-2012

Re: Unable to install DELL PV132T FC with QLogic FC Adapter

It has came up to me and I am well confirmed in this case that if your 132T came with a fibre bridge or you are direct connecting to the drives. You need to perform some settings from the front panel is to set the 132T in fibre mode if you haven?t done it previously. And if you wish to do this , you need to do this from the front panel go to: main menu and then to the setup menu and finally to the scsi / fibre >>fibre. There are some settings that require to be configured for the fibre drives so as to you will be able to see all drives along with Library.
Old 29-03-2012

I can get what you are saying in the previous post and to make more suggestions in this case I would provide some hints. So I made attempts so that I was able to setup fibre options, but both drives are marked as 'NA'. The manual you provided, denotes "Chooses Drive 1. And to add further, If Drive 1 is not a fibre drive, the configurable parameters area makes use of the placeholder NA (not available)." So this can be your next hint. So you need to try with thing I think so.
Old 29-03-2012

Thanks for the replies. But I am having some more queries in this case and need to inquire that how you are able to make the drive a fibre drive ? Is it configurable, or this is a design moreover nothing could be done, without making some changes or modifications with some library elements ?
Old 29-03-2012

I have more information which will help you solve your issue and If you are making use of standard SCSI drives then there is a strong requirement of the fibre bridge for the PV132T. If you have the fibre bridge as well as the SCSI drives which is attached to it then you will also require to make an configuration of the fibre bridge. So hope this helps you.
Old 29-03-2012

To tell regarding the Fibre bridge, I have came up to this that , it is the same as the SNC. It is the module that you would able to connect the SCSI cables to from you SCSI drives so that you are able to make a simple conversion of the signal to a FC signal. When you will tend to make a launch of the SNC server manger there is no requirement to type anything and you just require to minimize it and then start the Client. You are also able to login to the client and the Default user name = admin Default password = password. One in there you are able to see if what the config is. at present if you require to set the IP of the SNC you do so by hypertermainal and you are able to set the IP. If you require to remap the drives you are able to do that and then you can as well make an setup of the zoning so as to the Qlogic card will be able to see the PV 132T.
Old 29-03-2012

In this case , if you have two fibre drives then you are abel to make an easy connection with them directly to the server without making sue of the SNC and if you have a filler plate it is most excellent to remove the SNC and then make an insertion of the filler pate. If you have two SCSI drives then you will require to make a connection with them to the SNC first and then you need to configure the SNC so it will be able to see the drives as well as library. If you tend to remove the SNC then you should be able to setup the fibre from the front panel of the unit and it should permit you to allocate a master drive. subsequently you will require to make an configuration with the PV 132T from the Qlogic card. And finally if you require to set the IP address you require hyperterminal in to the SNC and make use of the set eth address command.
Old 29-03-2012

According to some sites, it has been found that you need to do the following things in this case to get the problem solved. So you need to set the port settings according to the following:
  • You should set the Baud as 19,200
  • You can even set the Data bits: 8
  • The Parity should be set to : None
  • Stop bits: 1
  • And ultimately Flow control to : Xon/Xoff
  • The command you require to set the IP address isethAddrSet
"172.16.0.135","255.255.0.0". And if you need to set the gateway, you need to type gateAddrSet "ip address". And for setting the hostname, you can type the hostNameSet "name". allow the Ethernet Port and you can do his by typing ethEnable. subsequent to every of the commands you require to confirm that there are no bugs then you can carry on to the subsequent step.
Old 29-03-2012

You need to verify that the HBA when you are directly attaching to a server as well as the FC tape drive is set to the identical connection type . in addition to this, the library operation mode should be set to 'LUN' in 'setup>config slots' then mode. You need to modify to lun, lun-lun for 2 drives. as well make certain the library is at the most recent firmware. So hope this one will definitely help you.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , , , , ,