Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to back up seagate freeagent external hard drive without auto deletion

Hardware Peripherals

Old 28-03-2012

How to back up seagate freeagent external hard drive without auto deletion

I have been trying to make some space in my system as it has been almost full by now, so I have started sorting and backing up the files on seagate freeagent external hard drive but then I have found that when I am deleting some files from the system then it is getting deleted from back up session automatically as well, so in just wanted to know that is it possible to back up external hard drive without auto deletion?? Is there anyone who has an idea about the same??

Old 28-03-2012

Re: How to back up seagate freeagent external hard drive without auto deletion

Quote:
I have been trying to make some space in my system as it has been almost full by now, so I have started sorting and backing up the files on seagate freeagent external hard drive but then I have found that when I am deleting some files from the system then it is getting deleted from back up session automatically as well, so in just wanted to know that is it possible to back up external hard drive without auto deletion?? Is there anyone who has an idea about the same??
In that case you just have to drag and drop your files in the external but then here make sure that you are not deleting files from the internal drive, I mean if you do so then there are chances that something might go wrong with the internal drive and it wonít get detected anymore as per murphy's law, a no of people has faced the same, anyways just try out in that way and see if it is helping you out or not.
Old 28-03-2012

I donít know what murphy's law the above user is talking about anyways I just wanted to know that are you using Sync feature for matching the folders, if yes then I will liken to inform you that Deleting / adding files directly depend on the Sync you are carrying out I mean it can be from internal to external drive or vice versa. A standard backup process will just add files that might not be on the Seagate drive and on the other had the sync will just delete files so as to match up the two directories. Hope that helps.
Old 29-03-2012

I donít think that the Sync features or dragging and deleting files to your backup drive is messing up something but then you might have enabled the Purge Deleted Files" option which is there in the AutoBackup software and that might be the cause if it, so in order to solve out the same just go in to the Settings of the AutoBackup and then deselect "Purge Deleted Files" and after that you should not have any issues, make sure that you are doing the same while making major cleanup of your main system, just check it out and then let me know if you are having the same case.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,