Thread: How to factory reset a Corrupted Seagate Free Agent External Drive for a Fresh Start?

How to factory reset a Corrupted Seagate Free Agent External Drive for a Fresh Start?

I am having an old seagate freeagent drive which I has stopped using and was untouched since a long time and I am quite sure that it might be having a lot of corrupted files, i don’t care about those files so I just wanted to know if there is a way by which I can factory reset the drive for a Fresh Start, is there anyone who has an idea a about it??

Re: How to factory reset a Corrupted Seagate Free Agent External Drive for a Fresh Start?

I am having an old seagate freeagent drive which I has stopped using and was untouched since a long time and I am quite sure that it might be having a lot of corrupted files, i don’t care about those files so I just wanted to know if there is a way by which I can factory reset the drive for a Fresh Start, is there anyone who has an idea a about it??
    Yes you can do the same and it is called NTFS format you can perform the same on any version of windows , you can follow the steps that has been mentioned below it is same for hdd as well, just try it out and then let me know if you are able to do it successfully or not.
    Format your USB device in NTFS Format

Re: How to factory reset a Corrupted Seagate Free Agent External Drive for a Fresh Start?

I have tried following the solution that has been mentioned in the above thread but then I was not able to complete the same successfully I mean that the NTFS formatting process seemed to be started well but then it failed and now the device is not getting recognized, I don’t know what went wrong with it, it was getting recognized fine before. I have tried doing following the process of scanning for hardware changes by going in to the device manager but then it is not helping out, is there anything else that I can try out now??

If you want then you can try using Seagate DiscWizard, just try it out and see if it is helping, I have been using the same for formatting and backing up process and it just works great, just check it out and then post back the result that you get for it.