Thread: Not able to back up Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3TB drive using Windows 7 backup software

Not able to back up Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3TB drive using Windows 7 backup software

I have recently bought Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3TB external hard drive so as to create a back up of my 2TB Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 system and I have tried using Memeo backup premium for the same but then when I am getting to select backup destination option and when I choose the drive then the process gets hanged and everything appears to be white out, is there anything I can do about the same, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Not able to back up Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3TB drive using Windows 7 backup software

I have recently bought Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3TB external hard drive so as to create a back up of my 2TB Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 system and I have tried using Memeo backup premium for the same but then when I am getting to select backup destination option and when I choose the drive then the process gets hanged and everything appears to be white out, is there anything I can do about the same, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    I just wanted to know that why are you not creating a system image?? If you don’t want to try that out the you can check out the DiscWizard it can help you in making a disaster recovery image for you, just check it out from the below link:
    DiscWizard
    Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you out.

Re: Not able to back up Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3TB drive using Windows 7 backup software

I have tried creating system image but then I was getting an error code 0X8078002A, when I checked about the same then I found out that this is some issue related to "advanced format drives" and Windows Backup and some have solved the same by using Windows 7 SP1 but then when I tried installing a hotfix that I found on the Microsoft site then it said that I am having the same already, anyways after your suggestion I have checked out the Seagate DiscWizard and it does not seems to be helping. I mean that after attaching DiscWizard's view of the partitions on my hard drive and selecting the drive the backup process has started but then ended with this:

I am having the same issue with GoFlex 3TB GoFlex when I am trying to back up 2TB Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64, I have tried using the Windows 7 backup software but then I was getting the same 0X8078002A error, I have tried following the below guide for the same but then it did not helped:
    An update that improves the compatibility of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 with Advanced Format Disks is available

I think that I can help you out here, I mean that I was having the same case but then later I was able to solve it out somehow using the below software’s:
    • Acronis TrueImage Home plus 2011
    • Trial Mimeo software

I have tested out them for backing up GoFlex drive so I don’t think that you both should have any issues in the same. Just try it out and then let me know if it is working out for you or not.

It seems to be some kind of incompatibility issue between the Windows 7 backup software and the GoFlex drive, I have found a no of people facing the same, I don’t know when GoFlex will be solving this out anyways the below ones have been found to be working out well for creating backup on GoFlex drive, so try out any of them:
    1. Acronis TrueImage Home plus 2011
    2. Trial Mimeo software
    3. Seagate DiscWizard

I have not yet treed out the above mentioned software but then I was having the same case but then after a no of trouble shooting I just removed the USB adapter and then plugged the hard drive directly into SATA and after repartitioning and formatting it worked well with Windows backup software, if you all want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you as well or not.