Thread: Connecting Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 3300 HD TV Tuner to Freeview

Connecting Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 3300 HD TV Tuner to Freeview

I am having this card and that is working really well without any problem on Analogue. When I saw the specification of this then it was mentioned that it will also have the Freeview. Therefore I was trying to connect my computer with my splitter directly but I am not able to get the Freeview Digital with my computer. I have used the Windows Media Center with the Windows 7 PC. I was searching for the solution for this on web but not got any working solution. So can somebody over here tell me that why it is behaving like this and if there is some way to troubleshoot this problem? I am helpless now and totally depend on replies from you people. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you!!!

Re: Connecting Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 3300 HD TV Tuner to Freeview

Is in your case, the aerial is working only for your TV. Try to get the freeview with the help of the TV tuner or the TV is not having the Freeview capability. Please reply with this so that we can provide better solution for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Faiyaz9 View Post
    Is in your case, the aerial is working only for your TV. Try to get the freeview with the help of the TV tuner or the TV is not having the Freeview capability. Please reply with this so that we can provide better solution for this.
    I know that the TV requires the Set Up box but I considered that it is probable to tune with the signal directly as of the tuner because the set up box actually restricts things. I have tried with this previously but that does not work.

My suggestion to you is to download the hauupage software. This is having the newest drivers. Other than the drivers, it is also having a neat little program and this will provide the signal strength. If it is showing you green (not red) then I am sure that there is some issue with the aerial and wintv otherwise the windows media center might be able to make use of tuner.

I would like to tell you that the combined indoor booster splitters are made for analog signals. These must not be utilized for the DVB-T. Is the cables you are using is running the RG6 coax - solid core. Other than this, see if your cable runs the terminated through F types with the help of the crimping tool.

This seems odd that the set top box seems to output the RF modulated analog signal. I would like to tell you that inherent modulators are usually neglected within set top boxes and these alone will spoil the DVB-T signal which is being passed toward subsequent decoder/TV tuner within circuit.

I also think that using the hauupage will be better option for you. I am using the new WinTV 7 and here is the main characteristics of this:
    • A new, clean and intuitive interface
    • Single configuration menu and scan channels
    • High Definition TV and video support (for selected models)
    • Programming recordings and integrated help
    • Integrated Teletext (where supported)
    • Time shift and recording instantaneous
    • Supports multiple tuners
    • Built-in video player, with support for various video formats
    • Logical channel numbering
    • Monitor to detect the signal strength of the antenna