Thread: Recommendation for a good HTPC Remote Control

Recommendation for a good HTPC Remote Control

Hi all there, Friends, I want your recommendation for this,. Can you tell me that Which is the better remote control for a HTPC. Please reply ASAP. I am waiting for the replies.

Re: Recommendation for a good HTPC Remote Control

There are three similar types of remote controls which come through Windows 7 or else Windows Vista. The remote which came by means of your computer depend on country / region where it was purchased.
    • The remote control includes a 5 teletext buttons and buttons with an icon
    • The remote includes buttons for text
    • The remote includes buttons shaped icon

If you are having the xbmc, hdmi and a fairly modern tv the it will be better for you can get the usb adapter and that will function without any problem. With the help of this, you will be able to make use of the tv remote as well as control your computer. I am also having one for me and that really working great without any problem.

If you are only having the HTPC and running the windows mediacenter then it will be better for you to make use of the Microsoft media remote and you will get this just about $40.

The remote allows you to turn off your PC and Media Center remote, and thereby take advantage of many digital entertainment offered with comfort. The Media Center is in the palm of your hand. It has features which allow familiar and intuitive access to its video library, disco, and turn on and off the TV. This is really an essential accessory. It is accessory to enjoy ultimate interactive features of the new edition of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 and through user-friendly menus.

If you are willing for something more versatile then the best option for you is use the Logitech Harmony One. The Logitech Harmony One interesting is that it incorporates elements that we see in other gadgets such as touchscreen and software closer to what we use in computers than the typical traditional TVs. With the Logitech Harmony One stands out is to contact all the necessary elements for a certain action. the touch screen is the heart of this remote control. I am using the same and I can say that this is the best to use.

If you are having the xbmc then there is nothing better than an android phone for you. But seriously speaking that it completely depends on your needs.

I can only say that the Harmony remotes are the best to use. I am having experience with the Harmony 525 and Harmony 880 and they both have worked great for me. So you can go for anything you like and the one which fits in your budget but make sure that this is from the Harmony.

Are you using the an iTouch, iPad or iPhone then the Mediamote or NControl will be better for you.

Logitech Harmony One touch remote is also good to take as an good alternative. Here are the specification for this.
    • Brand: Logitech
    • Model: ML-6000S3
    • Model year: 2008
    • Item Number: ML-6000S3
    • Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Macintosh OS X 10.3
    • Additional Features: Mac Compatibility
    • Display: True
    • Color display: No
    • Battery type: Lithium-Ion

Microsoft: multimedia remote control will be better for you. this is combined with a remote keyboard for Windows XP Media Center Edition, the keyboard, mouse and remote control, Microsoft keeps order in the digital home.