Thread: bios seagate barracuda 7200.10 hangs.

bios seagate barracuda 7200.10 hangs.

as I was searching on a good HDD , my friends suggested me to make a purchase of seagate barracuda 7200.10 ST3160215AS, and I buyed it and it was of the160 GB disk space. So to add in this topic, when I tend to make an connection with this HDD and power on the System it starts and displays motherboard name . it also displays some message "pres TAB to display bios post message, press DEL to run bios setup" typically, but on that the system will hangs on. Can you suggest me in this topic. Please assist me.

Re: bios seagate barracuda 7200.10 hangs.

I have studied this section well and I need to say that it all depends on the type of operating system you have , as I had my friends with the same HDD but was making use of windows xp and he was not able to find the actual reason, so after updating to windows 7 all was fine in his case.

I have some possible solutions which will work in your case and to say about it , and you need to remove Cmos battery out for some couple of minutes and you need to re-seat your memory and graphic card/s and you need to make sure about HDD connections at both ends and see to it that the sata cable aren’t twisted ,kinked or else scratched. You can then try further.

I think that this issue is relating to me and in my case i am too facing a alike trouble. sometime the disk is running correctly and at times windows will tend to fail to detect it. The disk is isn't spinning at rate it should be, even when it spinning the disk is not able to show.and according to me, I suppose that the internal motors and disk controller are not working fine. Can you solve it for me.

I made some good attempts , but still with the same concerns. When I press DEL quickly it tries to enter BIOS and it will write as mentioned :

Auto detecting Pri Slave.
    Auto detecting 3rd Master
    3rd Master: ST3160215AS 3.AAC
    Ultra DMA Mode-5, S.M.A.R.T. Capable and status OK

and after this all will tend to appear again and again.

I made some good attempts , but still with eth same concerns. When I press DEL quickly it tries to enter BIOS and it will write as mentioned :

Auto detecting Pri Slave.
    Auto detecting 3rd Master
    3rd Master: ST3160215AS 3.AAC
    Ultra DMA Mode-5, S.M.A.R.T. Capable and status OK

and after this all will tend to appear again and again.
    I want to inquire further in this case and is it just stopping, or are you receiving any messages like missing dll32 integer and so on? And if it is relating with that one , then that is an O/S fault where the boot folder has corrupted, and if you wish to sort it out , you need to do a complete re-install and that will sort that. If you are having any concerns while entering your bios you need to attempt repeatedly tapping the key as you press the power switch on.in addition to this , if you have slave drive in additionally the bios maybe attempting to boot from that, so the next step you need to take is is to hit F12 along with make an selection of the boot drive by name.

So thanks for the replies first and in my case , it is just stopping, and there is no message being displayed. as it is SATA, I can make out that it does not require any jumper. but CD-ROM is IDE and I also made some attempts to have a removal of CD-rom to ensure that it is not cause, but similar thing is occurring. Can you assist me further in this case. thanks.

So thanks for the replies first and in my case , it is just stopping, and there is no message being displayed. as it is SATA, I can make out that it does not require any jumper. but CD-ROM is IDE and I also made some attempts to have a removal of CD-rom to ensure that it is not cause, but similar thing is occurring. Can you assist me further in this case. thanks.
    You can make some attempts by trying and swapping your memory about along with work one strip at a time, if it boots then you have either a dead module or else you need to slot on your board. This will definitely help in your case.

Thanks for the replies as the issue was finally solved and by trying and swapping your memory did solved my issue. and after re-seating my memory along with graphic card/s all was sorted out quickly. After that make sure about the HDD connections was the final step which I had done .