Thread: Seagate manager cannot detcet Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1TB

Seagate manager cannot detcet Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1TB

Hi friends in my computer I am using windows 7 operating system and i have Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1TB external hard drive and In my computer there I have installed Seagate manager. The problem is when plug my hard drive with my PC at that time Seagate manager does not detect my hard drive. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

re: Seagate manager cannot detcet Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1TB

As far as I know normally this problem occurs if Seagate service stopped in your computer and that is you have to first check whether Seagate service is started in your computer or not? if that service is not started then start it first and after starting that service you have to check whether problem get solved or not?

To start the Seagate service you have to first click on start menu and after clicking on the start menu you have to type services.msc in the search box and then press enter. After doing that you have to look for the Seagate service and then check whether it is running or not? If Seagate service is not running then you have to right click on that service and after that click on start. After doing that you have to check whether Seagate manager detects your hard drive or not? may be after trying this steps your problem will get solved.

I was also having same problem with my Seagate hard drive and then I have started Seagate service and after starting Seagate service when I connected my hard drive at that time Seagate manager detected the hard drive correctly.

In my computer I have checked about the Seagate service and it was running. I have stopped that service and started it again. After starting the service again also I get same problem. is there any other way to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

In my case when I have noticed that when I switch to eSata at that time Seagate manager does not detect my hard drive. Now after that I have use my hard drive though USB at that time it does not give me any problem. Even after trying different sata cable I get same problem. if anyone have solution regarding this then let me know.

If you get same problem even afar trying this solution then I will suggest you to download latest version of Seagate manager in your computer and after downloading that you have to install that in your computer. Now after installing latest version of the Seagate manger you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not? May be after trying this solution your problem will get solved. If you still get same problem after this then let me know.

I am also using Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1TB hard drive and I was facing similar problem with Seagate manager. After trying all the solution problem does not get solved. Then I have sent my hard drive to Seagate service center and they find my hard drive faulty and I get replacement. Now whenever I connect my hard drive with my computer at that time it works fine for some time and then it get disconnected. How to solve this problem

To solve this problem you have to connect your Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1TB hard drive with your computer and then you have to right click on my computer and then select properties. After selecting the properties you have to click on device manager. Now after opening the device manger you have to expand the USB controllers. After that you have to double click on the USB root hub device and after that go to the power management tab. In the power management tab you have to uncheck “Allow computer to turn off this device o save power” and then click on OK. After that your problem will get solved.

If disabling power option does not help you to solve this problem then you have to connect your hard drive with different computer and then whether you get same issue or not? if you get same issue with different computer also then it means problem is with your Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1TB hard drive.

Thank you for providing me solution. I have disable the power option from the device manger and after disabling the power option my problem get solved. now I am not facing any problem with my Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1TB hard drive.