Thread: Macbook Pro freezes often with WD Scorpio Black 500GB

Macbook Pro freezes often with WD Scorpio Black 500GB

I really don’t know if anyone else seen this problem. Recently I have configured a WD Scorpio Black 500GB HDD in my Macbook Pro 2009 model. After this new upgrade, system seems to be freezing every so often. Before the new HDD, there wasn’t a frequent freeze like this. Even I tried it with the replacement drive but here also the same. Does anyone know why this happening?

Re: Macbook Pro freezes often with WD Scorpio Black 500GB

First of all you need to take a look into the power settings and check that Macbook Pro is not putting the drive to sleep mode often. It seems to me that Multimedia discs do not recognize Apple HFS + format, as you say you have to put it in FAT32 or NTFS and making better drivers that you say or Mac Fuse. From disk utility try to delete the partition and recreate a new one. You probably messed up the partition map. A software problem does not ruin the physical hardware and then somehow and in some card utility hard you should be able to do something and solve.

If you format it as Mac OS Extended, just lets you operate the media player that carries the album. They tend to recognize only Windows format types such as NTFS or FAT, and if you change the format may not recognize it. With Paragon NTFS4MAC should not give problems.

First of all you need to check whether the drive works fine in an enclosure or not. If it works there, then it is obviously a reason that Macbook pro does not support this HDD as an internal. You should contact the apple technical support team.

The macbook has the ability to be opened as seen in the sources but from what I know the cover is attached to the laptop via bolts and I do not know how to open it. Then inside, bottom left is the hard disk than from those 3.5 "and 2.5", it would be very small. But the problem is this: when you put the HDD back inside and since there is nothing in all the mac there is a boot would be difficult to install the mac again but if you have the recovery DVD, insert the HDD, enter the recovery DVD, follow the guide and you're done!

There are two solutions: either format it to FAT32 or install the add-on MTFS-3G for Mac OS X Just look on Google and allows you to use a hard disk NTFS-3G. I had the same problem with my media player attached to TV: I could read files but not write them down. I installed this program and it all worked out.
    But I find it interesting to contrast production dates and factories, but from what I read in the Apple forum, the problem seemed quite independent of the date. As I said, my theory is that the failure is due to thermal design of the macbook model itself, which has not been modified or amended in any hardware upgrades.

For each size of each file on a disk also includes a partitioning scheme regardless of how many partitions are in place. Macs with Intel CPU use than EFI firmware and EFI GUID is part of the older PPC-based Macs using Apple's Open Firmware Partitions’ schema. Setting up you can do that by clicking the Disk Utility in the left window on the line with the HD-type and then click "Partition" go. Here you select "1 Partition" and can then "Options" button. In the next window you can select the partition schemes. The related file format is automatically set.

It seems to me that either the filesystem is corrupted on the external drive or unfortunately they are not complete (missing the right edge). In that case, it is actually the best solution to secure the data, if that is possible and format the drive. If you're at it you can then also on the GUID partition scheme change, if not yet done.