Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Connect WD Book Live Duo to 4TB My Book Studio Edition II via USB

Hardware Peripherals

Old 26-03-2012

Connect WD Book Live Duo to 4TB My Book Studio Edition II via USB

I am looking into a capability of WD Book Live Duo 6TB. Before purchasing I have to clear out the following things:
  • First thing I need to know that is it possible to connect the 4TB My Book Studio Edition II via USB located on the WD Book Live Duo. The WD Book Live Duo manual says that the USB connector is used to expand the drive capacity. So I think that must be in way of connecting another external drive via the USB
  • If I attach the second drive to Live DUO via the USB how the disk will see? Is it like a one large 5TB disk or two separate disks?
  • If the second drive is attached, do you think that it will work in the cloud?

Old 26-03-2012

Re: Connect WD Book Live Duo to 4TB My Book Studio Edition II via USB

• Yes, I think that you can do that. It is possible to connect the 4TB My Book Studio Edition II to MY Book Live Duo. The direct USB connection is the option with a compatible cable.
  • However when connected, the drives will not appear a single large disk. It keeps the other drive as a separate one.
  • As for that third question, I donít have any idea about that. I need little more time to read on that.
Old 26-03-2012

Re: Connect WD Book Live Duo to 4TB My Book Studio Edition II via USB

First of all you need to look on How external storage works. The USB port has different kind of features.
Whatever you plugged into the USB port, it will turn the device a share. So when you connect a 2TB drive into the USB, you will get 2 shares while accessing my book live Duo. One will be the Duo's Public folder and the other one will be as an external drive. Even if you connect a simple drive, it will show as a share.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,