Thread: Western digital 6TB drive MBLD is undiscoverable

Western digital 6TB drive MBLD is undiscoverable

I have recently Western digital 6TB drive and have connected the same to Apple AirPort Extreme using a gigabit link and when I had powered on the MBLD then I was getting a DHCP address which was not able to connect to it through the MacBook Air, I have tried leaving it for overnight as well but then it is still not connecting, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can me help me out as well.

re: Western digital 6TB drive MBLD is undiscoverable

I have recently Western digital 6TB drive and have connected the same to Apple AirPort Extreme using a gigabit link and when I had powered on the MBLD then I was getting a DHCP address which was not able to connect to it through the MacBook Air, I have tried leaving it for overnight as well but then it is still not connecting, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can me help me out as well.
    I just want to know that have you tried going in to the router and locate it from there and see if it is making any difference, if not then try out the same and then post back the result that you get, if you face any issue then let me know for further help.

re: Western digital 6TB drive MBLD is undiscoverable

Hey thanks for the same but then I will like to inform you that the DHCP lease is 24 hours, I am able to see the IP address for the MBLD and it is valid as well, so I am aware of the ip address that has been assigned to me , the problem in my case is that I don’t know why is the MBLD not sending/receiving IP traffic, do you have an idea about that??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: Western digital 6TB drive MBLD is undiscoverable

I have been facing the same on MBL 2TB where the drive is being undiscoverable, I have being receiving a number of "check your network" messages when I used to try to use the UI. It used to get undiscoverable everyday and unpluging power / repluging power sequence was solving the issue for a while. This is the only the reason why I am sending the drive back to WD. I will like to add that I am having a MBLD 6T drive on "Advance RMA” which I am using to transfer the data before sending the failing unit. I have not yet copied the data as I have been facing connection trouble. If you want then you can try out the same.