Thread: Cannot open Samsung HXMU050DA external HDD

Cannot open Samsung HXMU050DA external HDD

Recently I have bought S2 Portable 500GB HXMU050DA External Hard disk. My HDD seems to be broke my peace from inside most likely. When I try to insert the cable in the USB port it barely enters then it sinks into the enclosure and there is no connection between the PC and HDD at all. The enclosure has no visible screws just the top and bottom half and the top half having the plate on it. I think the only way to open it by trying opening the enclosure either with the top plate from the top half, or through both halves. I went to many computer shops but they are afraid of opening the HDD. I tried emailing the Samsung customer care but no help and my warranty is over. If we can open it we can find the problem and then the solution to this problem can be fixed at the shop by soldering solution. I need a blueprint/ explanation of HDD’s construction and an instruction on how to open these HDD?

re: Cannot open Samsung HXMU050DA external HDD

The problem is that the enclosure is unable to find HDD inside the case. Let you know that the enclosure is either snap together or they are screwed together. While in most of the case it is snapped. If it is snapped then they seems to break while opening it. Actually mast of the time it breaks while opening the enclosure. You have stated in the question that your warranty is over I would like to tell that try it to open the HDD. If it is opened properly then later install another external enclosure.

I have my HDD open with the help of nimble knife work. The problem was with the case itself it was technically lost because of the snaps were broken. I have put it back in the leather case. It seems to me that the port was glued or soldered but now it is loose. Recently I have tested to connect to the PC but unable. The only thing that prevents it from out is that it wiggles around the tape. What I think is that under the black cover that outlines the HDD there are screw holes. I thought it useful while installing it in the laptop. I have to one of the PC shop they told that the easily solder once the case was opened I would put it back to the enclosure or to get another enclosure and to set it up with the HDD. The HDD that I have got in the past it had the opening on the front side with the ports in the front once out of enclosure. These new one doesn’t seem to have that. If these is the case and it is the only option to choose then can someone point me to descent enclosure and the related parts to make this to connect.HDD to the said enclosure.

I have searched for the product of Samsung i.e. hm502jx using the search engine. I found that in the first page it there is lots of valuable information including the images of Samsung hm502jx. I have not seen such drive before it is totally different from mine as mine is satta. But I was having these problem faced by me once I have showed to PC hardware repair shops. They had soldered it and the problem was solved. I would likely to tell you to solder it from the PC shops, it would definitely of help.

See actually Samsung had a WT march to attach the USB port and the bridge electronics to the drive directly. I have also the few where bridge board is removable to expose a satta Xconnecter, I think that these is the tape that will surely help you out. The bridge is actually a part of the PCB of the drive. Instead of this option the remaining option is to soldering the USB. Make sure that before connecting live the tech meters should out the pin and there are no bridges and there is no internal damage to the USB connector.

I have given to the local computer repair shop to repair the HDD. I told them to solder the USB port back in place. They told that the work will be done. They have soldered the USB port back in place but upon testing the HDD does not respond. It has not turned on, any other solutions?

I have called the SAMSUNG and had talked with the tech support person working with the HDD. I have asked them that I want information to connect the sata cable and the power cord straight to the board of the HDD. In reply I got that there is no authorized repair center for these specific HDD. He have not given any of the information regarding connecting the sata cable and the power cord straight to the board of HDD. He also told me that connecting the cables wrong could result in the murder of the HDD and the data.