Thread: Volume does not remain constant on Creative Inspire 6600

Volume does not remain constant on Creative Inspire 6600

Hello friends, I am having Sound Blaster Audigy 2 on windows XP professional, but I am very much sure that this is not software problem at all, it is been problem with creative inspire 6600 (6.1) speakers. Well speakers have a volume/bass wired remote and my problem is that volume does not remain constant. If I set to 4 then it will be at that but afterwards it changes it. Some of time is fades till the time I am not able to hear it and sometime it fades and come back again. Well sometime is working properly as there is no problem with it. So what should I do, very much tired of it and also is there anything which I can work it and solve my problem. Please help em and suggest something to me. Thank you.

Re: Volume does not remain constant on Creative Inspire 6600

Well my friend I was also having the same problem and was very irritated with it, searching for solution but did not get anything then I have tried my own solution, that cleaning volume knob with alcohol, after that it was working proper and problem did came back, so you can try for yours.

Re: Volume does not remain constant on Creative Inspire 6600

I read your post, and cleaned it with alcohol. i feel stupid, that i did not try this before, always the simplest of things. I have even emailed creative on this numerous times, they told me to replace the remote, then when i asked for a replacement they gave me some other bs. well its cleaned, and so far, working beautifully.