Thread: Unable to create share on WD Element USB connected with WD My book Live Duo

Unable to create share on WD Element USB connected with WD My book Live Duo

Well I have recently purchased WD My book Live Duo and it is working fine. However there is an issue associated with the same. when I connect WD Element Ext HDD via USB to WD MBLD. I am getting external hard drive on dashboard. However it is written with 0 Mo but I was not able to create any share. WD Element Ext HDD is formatted with EXT4 filesystem. If you are having any solution to help then let me know as early as possible.

Re: Unable to create share on WD Element USB connected with WD My book Live Duo

As far as I know once you have connected with the drive share is getting created automatically. There is no need of creating any extra unit. EXT4 is being supported on My Element hence it has been displayed on dashboard. You should try with \\mybooklive or ip address then you will be able to get share which is called western digital HDD or external HDD. Even you will be able to map or create shortcut whenever needed.

Well you will be able to create share for the internal drives only. External drives are having own shares already and it would be named as volume name.

Thanks a lot for the useful information providing over here. I am getting below mentioned error message.
    Unable to create a shared
    Sharing could not be created on a USB device (manufacturer: Western Digital Model: 1021 Ext HDD, Serial Number: 574D41565532383435303933, file system: ext4, label: ExtHD, share name: ExtHD).
    Can you give a brief idea on it?

I think there is something wrong with the file system on your element. Hence I am suggesting that you should check the file system see whether it is corrupted or not. If you are not able to resolve the thing than ask technical support team to get further help.