Thread: Unable to use PS3 with Western Digital My Book Live Duo

Unable to use PS3 with Western Digital My Book Live Duo

I have noticed that NAS is not showing video/audio/picture section on PS3. It is connected with three different laptop. PS# of mine is able to detect media servers installed on the laptop. In case I reboot NAS with PS3 then it is getting detected. When I restart PS3 it simply does not work. I tried lots of things but none of them of worked for me either at all. anyway if you are having any possible solution to fix the matter of yours.

Re: Unable to use PS3 with Western Digital My Book Live Duo

Well it seems to be happening because of wireless connection which you are using. However I am suggesting that you should try with the wired connection and see what results do you getting.

After going through your problem I wanted to confirm something which would help you out to resolve the issue. you should simply check and confirm whether DLNA server has been checked on the Dash board settings of your MY Book. If it is not checked you should simply unchecked.

I recommend so of the useful thing which would be helpful to resolve the matter of yours.

Make sure that you have to enable the DLNA server and it has been already mentioned into the previous post.

After that you have to check and confirm that there are any public or any other share folder which you are wanted to use the are having media sharing enabled.

At the PS3 end you should see that media server is enabled into the network settings.

As far as data transferring speed is concerned there supposed to be network hog with WDMBL. In case you are having router than it would have small NAT table and also using multiple device. it would make your network to crawl even though you are doing simple file transfer. In this particular situation I recommend that you should go for gigabit switch.

If you are not able to resolve the issue then you should contact the technical support team to get the further help so that you can meet the requirement of yours.