Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-03-2012

What is the data limit of private share on WD MBL Duo?

as far as I know one will be able to place maximum data on private share until and unless it is expecting more storage device. hence I made an attempt to move 3TB data over there. as I was not able to make public share private. It prompt with an error message as there was not enough amount of space available. What I need to do so that I can allow the same? Let me know if you are having any idea on the above mentioned matter.
Old 23-03-2012

Re: What is the data limit of private share on WD MBL Duo?

Well in this particular situation I recommend to make use of RAID0 or SPANNED mode on the hard drive of yours then only you will be able to do such a huge transfer of file.
Old 23-03-2012

Let me know what kind of private share do you have created? Does it have Read/Write privileges? Is there single file or number of files on the drive? as far as I know you will not have any limit of the data which can be stored into the share.
Old 23-03-2012

Yes I am having multiple files and lots of movies as well. However the device is prompting that there is not enough amount of space available. It is prompting that I will need to have another 2TB of storage space. Well I let you know that I was simply moving the files to this particular share and I did not copying at all. as far as I know shares are having read write privileges only.
Old 24-03-2012

WD MBL Duo wont tell you anything until and unless you are looking on the web page of Duos and Web page wont tell you anything till you are not having the enough amount of space so that you can either move or copy files. If Pc is saying that Duo is not having enough amount of the space. Your computer is connected with Duo through WEBDAV rather than that of the Windows Networking.

In this particular you will need to launch command prompt and enter below mentioned command.
Code:
net use
if you are getting something like Web Client Network then above mentioned information supposed to be correct.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,