Thread: How to establish direct connection between WD My Book Live and Mac OS X 10.6.8?

How to establish direct connection between WD My Book Live and Mac OS X 10.6.8?

how to create reliable direct connection between WD My Book Live and Mac? Below mentioned is the set up.

MyBook Live 3TB p/n WDBACG0030HCH-00

Its connected through Ethernet cable to the computer. I have installed Mac OS X 10.6.8.

static network address is 192.168.3.1.

Let me know if you are having any useful information to make the thing working for me.

Re: How to establish direct connection between WD My Book Live and Mac OS X 10.6.8?

After going through the problem of yours I am suggesting below mentioned steps to fix the matter.
    • From System Preferences click on Network and remove the Ethernet entry.
    • Now simply restart the computer.
    • Again got System Preferences and click on Network here you will see Ethernet device found over there.
    • Now assign the IP address manually. Once you have done after couple of seconds Ethernet connection would get established and you will be able to See My Book Live.

Re: How to establish direct connection between WD My Book Live and Mac OS X 10.6.8?

You can also try below mentioned things and let me know whether it helps you out or not.
    1. First of all you have to set Ethernet port to DHCP and turned off and On the disk.
    2. You can set Ethernet port to DHCP by using manual address and turned off and on the disk.
    3. You can also set the static network address manually. After that turned off the WLAN and restarted the computer.
    4. Finally reset the disk by using reset button when it is connected with computer.