Thread: Unable to connect with Western Digital My Book Live Duo after updating firmware

Unable to connect with Western Digital My Book Live Duo after updating firmware

I having great time with my Western Digital My Book Live Duo. In today morning I have updated the device. however after updating the same I am not able to connected. This particular thing was not happening before updating the software. Hence I checked automatic connection box and it prompted with an error message ‘connection failed error 31520’. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to connect with Western Digital My Book Live Duo after updating firmware

Looking at the situation you have to try to set remote access port manually rather than that of automatic. You will need to set new external ports into the DUO UI. Also you have to take care of the thing that settings are matching with the port triggering settings of the router which you are having.

Re: Unable to connect with Western Digital My Book Live Duo after updating firmware

Ok thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. well I could not get what kind of settings you are talking about? So far I did not done anything with those settings so let me know if you know anything about the same.

According to me DUO's UPnP service not working great with the router which you are having. If you consider the theory part Dupo should set such settings without having any intervention. This particular settings would provide the port to the router which it needs to use. The router which you have connected would route the traffic on those ports to the appropriate device into the home network.

Well from the router settings you will need to make use of advanced setting. You will be able to get advanced setting from the cisco at home. Also you can also enter 192.168.1.1 on the address bar of the browser. Over there you will required to see port triggering.

Mayur Guest

I think there is something to do with the Firmware itself. I mean there could be bug issue with firmware itself. We should contact the developer and file a bug report to them.