Thread: Getting error 1244 while attempting to do remote access in Western Digital My Book Live

Getting error 1244 while attempting to do remote access in Western Digital My Book Live

well I am using My Book Live from past of couple of days. I found an issue with remote access from the computer of mine itself. I getting certificate issue while visiting some of the website. Getting error message which can be stated as System error 1244 has occurred. I searched on the Google to get the solution but there was nothing which I will be able to fix the matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting error 1244 while attempting to do remote access in Western Digital My Book Live

Looking at the situation I recommend that you should try some other browser available in the market such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.

Re: Getting error 1244 while attempting to do remote access in Western Digital My Book Live

After going through the problem I am suggesting below mentioned steps to resolve the issue.
    • Click on Start and go for Start Search and enter MMC.
    • From the File menu you have to click on Add/Remove Snap-in.
    • From Available Snap-ins and click on Certificate and click on Add.
    • Under of This snap-in will always manage certificates for you will need to click on Computer account and click on Next button.
    • Click on Local computer and click on Finish.
    • If you are having no other snap in to add on the console then click on Ok.
    • From Console tree you have to double click on Certificate.
    • Now you have to right click on Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.
    • Click on Import so you can import certificate and use the instruction which are provided into Import Wizard.

In order to check whether certificate has been accepted or not you should do below mentioned steps.
    1. You have to launch MMC from the start menu.
    2. Choose add/remove snap-in from the File menu.
    3. Click on certificates.
    4. From the next screen you have to select my user account.
    5. Launch certificates and click on trusted root certificates.
    6. See that whether you are having 'remotewd.com’ certificate into 'issued by' or 'issued to' column.
    7. In case you don’t get over there then you should add computer account rather than that of my user account into add in option.