Thread: Unable to print black in Brother MFC 240C printer

Unable to print black in Brother MFC 240C printer

I have the brother MFC 240 C. I do only few simple task on it like printing emails, coupons and all .I use black all the time . I have this printer for last 2 years used only compatible ink cartridges. And that I purchase trough the main order company . so here is the problem . I ran out of black ink so I replace the cartridge. But the problem is that my printer is nit printing the black color anymore. Color printing working just fine. I did everything but nothing working . It doesn't print in black at all but sometime it give me 2 or 3 faint lines. Is there anyone here can help me on this I will be really appreciate this

Re: Unable to print black in Brother MFC 240C printer

Same issue Well the thing is that the printer does not print in black and if you do prints as grayish ... It's strange because it happened just to me when i was out of ink . i change ink 1 or 2 months ago and now it not printing . The other color they work but does not print as clearly have Clean the ink ducts from the cartridge into the machine and also Align and clean the printer. I have done EVERYTHING but nothing Is helping can anyone here help me on this.

seems to be having some clogged print head issue. Color works fine however black wont print. I took apart the printer and wished to scrub the print head. i heard you should to soak it in heat water? however i not sure how do the print head look like , will anyone give me with an image of it and also the procedure of cleaning it?

The print head is the part of the printer itself you cannot take out and soak it until you destroying your printer.

keep up with the print head cleanings, maybe replace the black cartridges, particularly if you're using a third party or refilled cartridge.

Hope this assist Initiated Ink cleaning for black few times every time see somewhat of improvement, repeated till it absolutely was ok

To initiate ink cleaning on my Brother MFC-5490 CFN press the Ink button to the left of the Menu button and reply to prompts - once I removed and replaced Black cartridge it asked if i might replaced, replied Yes, and it didn't initiate cleaning that i believe it would to have.

To test printing between cleanings, I selected short phrase of black text to print rather than Print check to save lots of ink

Most likely this is often a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in within the printer. to try to resolve it, do the following:

1. Open the printer
    2. take away the ink cartridges from the print head.
    3. Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water to totally clean the print head.
    4. Repeat this till there's no ink residue returning off on the cotton swab.
    5. Once finished, enable to dry and replace the cartridges
    6. attempt to print one thing

If that doesn't work then the print head can got to get replaced.

I have cleaned the print heads also because the ports on the black cartridge and neither have helped the matter. once I cleaned the colour printer heads I got same quantity of ink on the cotton swabs also, therefore you will be correct that the black printer head must get replaced, that I assume needs service from Brother. Any idea how much that may be? i believe i'm out of warranty therefore it's going to sense to exchange the printer. At my alternative location I actually have an HP OfficeJet 6500, would you think that to be a better choice to the present Brother machine?

Are you positive you put in your printer ink correctly?

You can found out your printer setting to decide on color cartridges to use.

Try plugging the power wire and at the same time hold menu, to go in maintenance mode and press 76. 4. black begin. Since i do not have that machine i'm unsure if it'll work,

Allowing a cartridge to run fully dry can harm the print head. By any way did you run fully out of black ink before you started making an attempt to search out why black wasn't printing? If you are/were not the sole person to use the machine, may the other(s) have run the cartridge fully dry? you will have a broken print head, that's caused when the print head has nothing to buffer it throughout the impact of printing. you'll most likely need to take it to a store to change the print head replaced, however that specific model was very fashionable and simple to figure on.

You can attempt to follow these directions below:
    1. activate the printer; remove the previous used cartridges
    2. close up the printer for some minutes
    3. activate the printer, when it says "insert inks", and then insert the compatible cartridges one by one, ensuring the inks are sitting fully within the slots.

Hope it'll assist you.